Australia Day 2007

Ah ok, well the sound delay was very long, it seemed really fast, it was like a 3-4 sec delay.

Brookfield said:
Hah, "ancient like London" of course everything is ancient to somebody from Texas, lol, sure we have ancient buildings there, Buckingham Palace was built in 1702, what were the Americans doing then?, plenty of others even older, but over the last 5 - 10 years many amazing buildings took shape, we have a very long heritage, & we are very proud of it!
Well, it's mostly because everything's bigger in Texas!! :p

freestyler105 said:
Well, it's mostly because everything's bigger in Texas!! :p
Including their heads [jk], there's an old joke about Texans, once in 'nam, there was a deep river to cross, 18 Texans, but only one small boat, & no time for two cross as the enemy was closing fast, so their sergeant who was from Boston, went over to them, said a few words to them quietly, & they all got in the boat, which crossed in no time, asked how he did it, he said I just took the wind & p*ss out of them, what was left weighed next to nothing!

Brookfield said:
Including their heads [jk], there's an old joke about Texans, once in 'nam, there was a deep river to cross, 18 Texans, but only one small boat, & no time for two cross as the enemy was closing fast, so their sergeant who was from Boston, went over to them, said a few words to them quietly, & they all got in the boat, which crossed in no time, asked how he did it, he said I just took the wind & p*ss out of them, what was left weighed next to nothing!
Hahahahaha.

kjman87 said:
some quick speed specs:

F/A-18 Hornet: Mach 1.7
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/f-18-specs.htm

F-22 Raptor: Mach 1.8 (supercruise: Mach 1.5)
http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/f-22-specs.htm

i know a little bit about planes for a long time I wanted to be a navy pilot...and I had a couple friends whose parents were pilots...

well, it's kinda wrong to say that the F-18 is 1.7mach. Just because there is many versions of it, some even equipped with different kinds of engines. But yeah, that 1.7 must be pretty close to the average, I think that is what the C version is capable of. (only version we have here, except for a few D's)

And at least according to what I have read (probably mostly from wiki) the F-22 is capable of almost 2.5 mach. But this of course requires a high altitude. And about altitudes, actually if you really want to compare the speeds you should have them all taken from the same altitude since the speed isn't the same in every altitude. (both the speed of the aircraft can change ( a little) and the speed of sound is very different. (so the mach is different with different altitudes)

mammikoura said:
well, it's kinda wrong to say that the F-18 is 1.7mach. Just because there is many versions of it, some even equipped with different kinds of engines. But yeah, that 1.7 must be pretty close to the average, I think that is what the C version is capable of. (only version we have here, except for a few D's)

And at least according to what I have read (probably mostly from wiki) the F-22 is capable of almost 2.5 mach. But this of course requires a high altitude. And about altitudes, actually if you really want to compare the speeds you should have them all taken from the same altitude since the speed isn't the same in every altitude. (both the speed of the aircraft can change ( a little) and the speed of sound is very different. (so the mach is different with different altitudes)

very true... typically sea level is around 680-700 or sooo MPH

anyone from australia ever seen a dingo before?it would be cool but just as long as it was at a distance...happy australia day!? :D

Back
Top Bottom