Firefox

SheikZ

Baseband Member
Has anyone customized their Firefox for broadband specifically? I'm not sure it's been posted at all, but you can speed up Firefox without anything major.
Go to:

about:config

Search for pipelining and set the option to 50 or so, and enable all that you find from that search to true.

I got this from a YouTube video.

PS, I'm not spamming or advertising anything so don't flame or... be in the general mindset of... annoyed(?)... :D

PPS, this is for anyone who either uses Firefox, has Firefox but doesn't like it's speed, or for anyone who's skeptical about Firefox/me.'

PPPS, here is the link to the video I got it from.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tNxmzMo493M

oh! lol, I changed it after watching something else... I don't remember what... but i have mine at 10000... just because :D

You're very welcome, I didn't think it would work, but it does, and it's amazing how well too.

What I'm wondering is how to do this with other browser, particularly Opera, which I put most of my bookmarks on. Now I'm torn between the two, but I'm sure liking Firefox more right now! :D

SheikZ said:
What I'm wondering is how to do this with other browser, particularly Opera, which I put most of my bookmarks on. Now I'm torn between the two, but I'm sure liking Firefox more right now! :D
I'm pretty sure you can import your bookmarks into Firefox.

Firefox imports much better than Opera does, like when I tried to get my Firefox favorites to it (when it was the better browser), because it asks you where you want to import the bookmarks from all the while I don't know where they are. Firefox just knows! *hugs fox... gets burnt from it's blazing speed*

Back
Top Bottom