CPU bottlenecking GPU?

i agree, try the new bios, and if you can, run a MEM test on it. it wouldn't be the first time i've seen bad RAM bottleneck things.

I updated the video card drivers, nforce 4 chipset drivers and i see no difference. I wasnt able to update the bios cuz when i use Asus update to do it, it doesnt do anything and my cpu usage goes 100% for like 15 min and doesnt do anything. Some winflash.exe uses it but it never finishes, it seems to be running in the background. Anyways im doing 3dmark 05 right now. We'll see. How do u know if you have bad memory?

thats not a bad score, but i think from looking at your specs it sould be better.

Mem test is a bootable CD program. download the file from the following link, and use a program like nero to burn an image of the file to a CD. Put the disk in, and restart your computer.

http://www.memtest86.com/

this test will run as long as you let it. it does not stop. People say you can get accurate read outs in about three hours worth of run time, but i'd recommend about 8 hours. that gives your RAM time to heat up and see if high-demand usage (Like gamming) is doing weird things.

from personal experiance, i need to ask if you have a wireless card in your system. In my old comptuer, if i had a wireless card installed, i would lag and lock up my computer in games(both single player and online). The moment the wireless card was gone, BOOM, no more problems.

GTA1989 said:
I ran the memory test all night, and no errors. Could it be my sound card? Too old?

Maybe, try taking it out, and uninstalling its drivers, then installing teh integrated motherboard drivers.

I tried doing what you suggested but it wasnt that. The integrated sound sounded horrible if anything, but video card performance didnt change at all. I have no idea, i just formatted like 2 weeks ago when i got a SATA drive. The memory test went fine and it wasnt that. Do you have any other idea guys? Im very desperate.

GTA1989 said:
I updated the video card drivers, nforce 4 chipset drivers and i see no difference. I wasnt able to update the bios cuz when i use Asus update to do it, it doesnt do anything and my cpu usage goes 100% for like 15 min and doesnt do anything. Some winflash.exe uses it but it never finishes, it seems to be running in the background. Anyways im doing 3dmark 05 right now. We'll see. How do u know if you have bad memory?

that was happening to me on the winflash let it sit there overnight, thats what I did and it finished.

Cant be cuz my friend sold it to me and he was running perfect with it, like 100 fps in cs. Could it be because he's got a 3800 X2 processor?

Back
Top Bottom