Where do I buy notebook graphics cards

Raku

Solid State Member
I have been trying to find the geforce go 7600, or geforce go 7700 for awhile now, but I can not seem to find a place to buy the chip itself. Anyone know a place I could buy the chip. Also does anyone know if the 7700 and the 7600 take the same PSU, and are the same size?

Laptop graphics cards are built into the mobo you'de have to buy a new motherboard for your laptop

nope not on mine =) I have already replaced my 6600 to a 7600. But I melted the old 7600. -_-. I have a Alienware Area-51 5550. Ebay only has the higher end cards, but im not sure if it would fit in my computer. Does anyone know if the lets say geforce go7600 or 7700, or even the 7800 GT or whatever are interchangable. Or are the higher end
notebook cards bigger as well.

Oh ok I wasn't aware that you could do that but I guess since alienwares are geared towards gaming that makes since that actually pretty cool...an upgradeable laptop although if I were gaming I'de much rather prefer a desktop...

ya I game, but travel so this was the only option >_<. I am going abroad in college so getting a desktop will have to wait till later. But ya, I have already upgraded the card once, but I screwed it up... OC it to much... Its easy to upgrade, but I just cant figure out where to buy the cards. It is a pain in the ass the get alienware to give it to you.

Back
Top Bottom