vista

alvino said:
Taylor, you can easily contact Microsoft if you want a CD (not everyone has a DVD drive) or 64-bit version. They send it to you free of charge

really? I havent sent my confirmation page to microsoft yet, so do you think i could write down on it that id like the 64bit version?

Damn, Vista security is much much enhanced. Everytime you try to install something, remove something, write over something, their USer Account COntrol and persmission deal whatever pops up asking you, "Are you sure?" It can be disabled, but I don't install stuff on it like everyday, lol. I just leave it.

As for Vista being slow, if you meet Microsoft's recommended system requirements, there should be no performance issues with Vista. There are some glitches here and there but it's always the case when anything new comes out from Microsoft's Window. Just get the latest drivers, or let Windows install their own inluded drivers. Then you're all set.

Even if I install or change settings, I don't mind. It's not that hard to just click 'Allow'...heck, I think it just becomes a habit after a while. :p

As for Windows Vista performance issues, Vista is actually not that much slower than XP. Maybe about 5% difference at the most, but Vista even outperforms XP on some tests. I think I posted that performance review in that other Vista thread...

alvino said:
Even if I install or change settings, I don't mind. It's not that hard to just click 'Allow'...heck, I think it just becomes a habit after a while. :p

As for Windows Vista performance issues, Vista is actually not that much slower than XP. Maybe about 5% difference at the most, but Vista even outperforms XP on some tests. I think I posted that performance review in that other Vista thread...
If thats the case, the current version must run circles around RC2..that ran terrible for me.

What are the recommended specs for vista anyway?

ANYONE WHO HAS VISTA PLEASE ANSWER:

does their search actually work fast, for example as i type the name of a music file will it actually automatically start showing up? if so im buying vista, i have so many records and files that xp takes for ever to search through.

its nice to see that Microsoft has finally realized that they don't have design skills and just copied apple's os.

Yup. :)

It automatically starts shuffling as you type it. So when I just typed '1' it showed music files or playlists that started with '1' and as I typed '1UP' it filtered to what I had, which you can see above. It's rather intuitive and simple to use. WAY easier and less of a hassle than XP's search.

Yeah, like every letter you put in, Windows Search refines it further and further. It shows all possibilities first until you type in more info in regards to the file's name. Then you see the files start to reduce down in size until you find what you're looking for. It's a huge improvement.

Back
Top Bottom