This a good deal for Home premium?

OEM is fine, and 112 dollars for home premium sounds pretty good, I was always under the impression that the retail price was going to be set at 150, but i guess not.

Ok, my mom doesnt understand why the OEM is so much cheaper. You guys got a reason I can tell her? And is directron reliable?

oem is cheaper because its intended for system builders, the retail version is more expensive because it comes in a pretty box and looks good on the shelf (also has owners manual and instruction. the oem is just the disk and the product key, thats why its cheaper.

Ok, thanks, she still doesnt believe in teh reliability of many online sites. So I'll just wait til Newegg has a 1 pack of Vista home premium OEM. Or do you not think they will get one?

Do you think newegg will get a 64-bit OEM version of home premium? Or is directron a reliable place to buy from?

superman22x said:
Do you think newegg will get a 64-bit OEM version of home premium? Or is directron a reliable place to buy from?
I'm sure they'll get it eventually, probably sometime next week.

Should I get the 64 bit version? Computer in my specs, but I am planning on getting an 8600Ultra card once its released.

Yes. Core 2 Duo are 64 bit CPUs. If I had the opportunity to get a 64 bit OS, I would jump on it. Unfortantely for me, I got the 32 bit Vista. No 64 bit was made available to me, yet.

It's funny because I'm on Nvidia's site right now. There are no specific VIsta drivers for the 8800 series video cards, but all the previous chipsets do. Hmmm. I'm sure it will work great regardless of that. It's a powerful card and you probably don't even need drivers from nvidia to run it. Just use Windows settings, crank up the resolution and everything should be smooth. I would also try the XP Pro 64 bit drivers too, to see how that works out.

I also heard that for 64 bit version of Vista, getting 2GB is better than having 1GB as far as performance goes. Got that info off of PC World magazine.

Back
Top Bottom