First car.... Which is best??

i really dont drive the cars to hard , engine wise.... well then again i have an automatic VAN HOW FAST CAN YOU GO?
lol no, my thing thats holding me back from driving it fast and hard is the price of gas.
The worst i do to the car i'm driving now is make very hard turns .... and now, the worst i do is fish tails and donuts in the snow :)

I dont know how i'll treat a manual tranny tho, your right, i'm probably going to have to replace the clutch weekly haha

EDIT: also my dads friend has a auto shop, and he specializes in volkswagens , so thats why i tend to go towards there, he knows hes shit, and he thinks its cool that i get one lol

why dont you wanna go with a diesel? ive been driving one for just over a year now, and they are great engines, and they give you a hell of alot of mileage.. if your a student, and short on money, i would say a diesel would be a good bet.. you get so many MPG out of them..

VW diesel golfs are awsome cars, had a go in one of my mates the other day, hes got the 2.0l diesel, and that thing goes real nice..

Go for that Golf, the price is very good, the build & reliabity of VW's are excellent, I've owned some, no tinny clank as you shut the doors, engine lasts & lasts, absolutely right to start with!

When it comes down to the wire on picking out a 1st time car, most will go with their type of style and comfort..ect. but in reality, one must think of the econmics of the gas milage it gets wich is one of the most important aspect of todays car buyers.

As gas tends to go up so will insurance, so to stay one step ahead of the game...it's good to know economy v.s luxury.

-edit-

that vw is nice and if you know a guy that knows lots about vw's then that could be usefull but also consider how easy it is to get hold of replacement parts as well cos i know in the uk vw replacement parts can sometimes be hard to come across

i dont know if i can get myself to go towards a TDI, I just find that rattling noise, the diesels make to be so anoying.

Umm.. today i just found out, my boss who owned the franchise (M&M's Meat shops)
just filed for bankruptcy soooo.... i'm not sure if i still have a job at this pointlol

anyway i'm still planning on getting that golf. I think i'll go for a GL 2.0L everybody seems to have more or less a good attitude towards it.
the only problem ppl have told me was the electrical wasnt so hot.

I'm planning to have around 5g in savings for this car. i'll try and look for a 2-3g car and the rest of the money will go for , insuance payment, registration and plates.... minor repairs stuff like that. So i dont go broke haha thx forthe feed back

My car is a Nissan Micra (old shape). Yes, it may be a banger, but you can't beat Japaneese cars. I doubt you can get that car over there though, atleast, I dont think so. But its cheap to run, cheap to insure, just, cheap, cheap, cheap! Cant wait to pass my test to drive it properly :)

Brookfield said:
Go for that Golf, the price is very good, the build & reliabity of VW's are excellent, I've owned some, no tinny clank as you shut the doors, engine lasts & lasts, absolutely right to start with!

no offense Brookfield BUT WTF are you talking about lol...i never had anything good happen with my 2.0 VW...hahaha...tranny went...clutch went...2x and dont say i dont know how to drive a manual...thats all I drive and I learned on that and have been driving them for over 4 years...(i know not that long but still...)

just reliabitly sucks with that gen VW as far as electrical is concerned...engine is a beast though for rel...

kjman87 said:
no offense Brookfield BUT WTF are you talking about lol...i never had anything good happen with my 2.0 VW...hahaha...tranny went...clutch went...2x and dont say i dont know how to drive a manual...thats all I drive and I learned on that and have been driving them for over 4 years...(i know not that long but still, just reliabitly sucks with that gen VW as far as electrical is concerned...engine is a beast though for rel...
DON'T WTF me!!, "no offence" cuts no ice with me, not when used with WTF, there are millions of Brits who would strongly disagree with you, all I can say is, was the the car second hand or new, if it was new, you could have got it fixed under the 3 year warrnty, that's what we get over here, 4 years isn't long, I've been driving for over 40 years, & 4 out of the many cars I've owned is a basic 1.6 Golf, a 2 litre turbo diesel Golf & a 2 litre Passat, the 1.6 Golf was second hand, I now have a 2 litre Audi, same stable, not one of these gave me the tiniest bit of trouble, & I thrash them, & abuse them, I might be older, but I don't hang about, around 5 years ago, a mate reckoned I couldn't my turbo diesel into a kerbside space with 2 foot of space front & rear, I did it with a handbrake turn & stopped 2 inches from the kerb, so don't you tell me how to drive!

Back
Top Bottom