Is it legal to sel RC1?

Did you buy it from Microsoft, because as far as i'm aware they didn't offer it for sale, only download, or they sent it out on a disc..

Matt

I wouldn't sell it. I'm sure it's probably illegal in some way shape or form. It's only beta software but I don't think you could legally sell it since that would be making a monetary gain from the product. I'm not sure, I'd try to look it up on microsoft but I still wouldn't try selling it.

superman22x said:
Oh, but I had to pay for it.

Well you got ripped off. If you got it from Microsoft, it's supposed to be free. If you bought it off someone else, then they broke the law. Not sure about the person who bought it, but it's illegal to sell freeware.

alvino said:
Well you got ripped off. If you got it from Microsoft, it's supposed to be free. If you bought it off someone else, then they broke the law. Not sure about the person who bought it, but it's illegal to sell freeware.
Not 100% sure on this, but MS were selling the disc, basically for people who couldnt DL because of internet speed. You only had to pay for the manufacturing costs of the disc tho. I personally dont think you can sell the disc tho, as its the COA that you buy, not the OS (that remains the property of MS)

Ooh yeah. Yeah, they did that for Office 2007 Beta. Since so many people were downloading it, they started charging $1.50 for it.

Back
Top Bottom