Computer to TV??

ya just so you know, when you are viewing your computer on your tv screen, the picture is not very good. it will be fine for watching movies and maybe playing games, but if you are going to be doing things where you ahve to read a lot of text then that may be a little hard to do on a tv screen. you will have to tweak the settings a lot to make it look decent.

what video card do u have?
as long as it has an s-video out it should work fine.
now when viewing on the tv, try at 640x480.

2004 GT RagTop said:
Thanks for the link Matty, I'll defitnely look into that.

kjmann: Yea I find it weird as well, I read that most of the new laptops have it, but for whatever reason, my Sony doesn't. Oh well, nothing I can do about that now. I looked into it, and it DOES have VGA out. I had to google search it since I wasn't completely sure what a "VGA out" is, but in one of the reviews there was mention of it and it was pointed out in a picture.

Now if I purchase this cheap VGA-S/RCA convertor, what else would I need? It seems as though it is extremely small/short, so I assume there is more to it?

WARNING DO NOT BUY THAT CABLE

This cable needs display card with television (TV) to output the function , does not have this function not to be able to use, please note.

Drumthrasher: I googled it and it seems as though I have the NVIDIA GeForce Go 6200, at least thats what my search revelaed. I don't have a offical S-Video output on my laptop though.

Borat Sagdiyev: So why shouldn't I get that cable? Is it because my video card does not have TV output capabilities?

Yeah, thats right...it won't work unless it's a) got an s-vid out or B) the graphics card SUPPORTS tv output but doesn't have an S-Vid or other TV output...i don't think very many laptops would have that feature...sorry mate..

Matt

i've been nosing around on newegg to see if they make PCMCIA cards that have a S/video port on them. no luck yet, but i'm still looking.

jsut a little side question, if you plug in teh s-video cable, does that give you sound as well, or do you still need to hook up your own sound device?

[edit] figures right after i send this i decide to look under the "Tv Tuner" section. all the tuners they have have S-video ports. not sure which one you would want, if any of them, so i'll send the link to the page listing all 4 newegg has.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.asp?N=2000260421+1208414441&Submit=ENE&SubCategory=421

You still need a sound device, i too when i first saw it thought it was sound and video, but upon using it, no dice :(

Matt

EDIT:
celegorm said:
[edit] figures right after i send this i decide to look under the "Tv Tuner" section. all the tuners they have have S-video ports. not sure which one you would want, if any of them, so i'll send the link to the page listing all 4 newegg has.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...SubCategory=421

That S-Video is for S-Video in, not out, which is for things like my DVD player, i use an S-Video cable to hook it up to the computer and watch the dvd on the computer screen

ah darn, that sux. then unless places have them hidden under different things in newegg, i don't think they make it. I won't give up my search yet tho.

celegorm said:
ah darn, that sux. then unless places have them hidden under different things in newegg, i don't think they make it. I won't give up my search yet tho.

Lol i gave up a couple of weeks ago, looking for the same thing for my old celeron

Matt

for the sound u can get one of those cables with a headphone plug at one end and the red and white plugs in the other.
as for the video don't they have a cable that converts vga to composite?

Back
Top Bottom