CPU bottlenecking GPU?

GTA1989

Baseband Member
Alright here's my situation. I got a new kick ass 7900 GT 256 mb. Me thinking its going to solve all my game problems. Wrong! I havent seen a HUGE difference in performance that i was hoping for from my 6600 GT 128mb that i had. Now i play games like BF2, CS Source, and Supreme Commander. Now my cpu is a Athlon64 3000. My question is, is my cpu bottlenecking my video card from performing better? Would a Athlon X2 4400 fix my issue? I really hate to have spent the money for the video card for no reason :(

Thanks

Socket 939. Do you think it would be a Bios update? It hasnt been updated since 2005 i think lol. Can it make that difference?

Like BF2, i had to turn down like a couple getting to low or medium to get it running sorta smooth at around 60 fps and people i hear going 80 or 90 on full graphics.

With CS Source, im getting like very unstable fps from like 30-40 to 60-70-80 fps. I mean something is not right here with a GPU like this.

Supreme commander, i was playing 1v1, and like it was lagging very bad, like i would probably get the same with my 6600GT u know. I dont know, but something is weird. Could it be my shitty old sound card? CPU?

What resolution are you running at? Yea, cus you should be able to max out bf2 no problem. Unless your running it at a high resolution.

I know im running max 1248X1024 man. Thats my max on a 19inch. Thats why i dont get it, somethign is wrong, and i cant figure out it. Its been on my mind all week!

Yes somethings defiantly not right. But its not your cpu. Are you noticing any artifacts or anything? Try running 3dmark 05, by your score, you should defiantly be able to tell whether somethings really wrong.

Yeah im going to do that. Do i need to maybe update my nforce4 drivers or something? Im getting the bios updates.

Back
Top Bottom