Smoke the Wii

OK, calm it guys, nearly every post argumentative, discuss, not argue, I have a PS2, now that is an old console, but it suits me, everybody has their own view of what they prefer, don't let it boil over, see the rule that starts; "Overall flaming" [that doesn't apply here] go on to "Or voice....." go here;-

www.computerforums.org/showthread.php?t=4

I'm with brookfield. I have a PS2 and it suits me fine although my brother got a wii yesterday and that thing is fun!

I prefer the wii or 360. The PS3 does nothing for me. Sony isn't getting anymore of my money after the rootkit incident, there has been talk that it's still going on. Also the wii has sold over twice as much as the PS3. I don't see the PS3 going very far. Here's a list of sales figures: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_video_game_consoles_%28seventh_generation%29

I'm not trying to engage in a flame war, I'm just stating my opinion...

Andrew2020 said:
First off Dont contribute to the conversation, unless it necessary.

Having the best selling console on the market does not make it better. I will agree with you with the Wii is for people that want to have fun. But do you know why computers are getting so fast? Because games should replicate real life. If people where not interested in the graphics of a game, we would all still be using 100MHz computers. The graphics card on the xbox 360 is NOT better, when a console comes out game developers need time to develop good games for it and use the full potential game power of the console. The ps3 console is just better plain and simple, and it deserves the respect because of the work Sony put into it. Sorry for messing up your thread Tommy Boy.

If you don't take the time to educate yourself on a subject, keep your mouth shut. The 360 has a better graphics card. That is a fact. The PS3's GPU is basically a slightly modified 7800GTX. The 360's is an ATi custom designed chip that is much better, go do some research. The question comes into the CPUs. If developers ever get the hang of Cell then yes, the PS3 will have a slight processing advantage.

But that doesn't justify the price of the thing.

I got a 360 on Thursday. Absolutely brilliant machine, I'm not disappointed at all!!

I've got access to the best online gaming system there is, I can download free demos, I can use a state-of-the-art buddy list system, I can download movies and music from my PC, I can do just about anything. I can play with anybody else in the whole world, which you can't do with the Wii: you have to play with people in your own region i.e. Japanese can only play with Japanese, Europeans with each other etc. And each region has its own online portal, the system is totally split up.

The Wii isn't even that cheap when you put it into perspective. £179 for the same old game concepts dating back to the NES? Give me a break. You Wii owners have fun with Super Duper Uber Mario 128, Donkey Kong 27, The Legend of Zelda: Stale Game Concept Which Was Never Any Good To Begin With, Mario Kart Yet Again v2.0, Super Mega Yoshi With Slightly Improved Graphics etc. Where's the originality? And, when you get bored, why not download a load of old games? Pity you have to pay for them, and they all sucked balls 10 years ago, but that's part of the "fun", right? Nintendo try to counteract this by releasing some old MegaDrive games as well... pity most of them suck. And the Wii doesn't even have a DVD player. My PS2 has one, as does my old PC from 1999.

Having said that, the PS3 is a dead duck. Half of the exclusives it had have now been announced for the 360 (MGS is coming to 360, GTA4 is on the 360 with special 360 exclusive content). According to people in America, XBOX Live is a far better online system which doesn't lag, the PS3 is prone to overheating and crashing, it's as ugly as sin, and it costs £425 even before you get any accessories or games. And, performance wise, it's not really that much better on paper than the 360. Blu-Ray? So what? Who is going to produce a game with 50GB of content on the disc? Too expensive and time consuming, nobody will do it.

I'll stick to my 360. Original games, great fun, absolutely perfect multiplayer system.

UK31337 said:
I got a 360 on Thursday. Absolutely brilliant machine, I'm not disappointed at all!!

I've got access to the best online gaming system there is, I can download free demos, I can use a state-of-the-art buddy list system, I can download movies and music from my PC, I can do just about anything. I can play with anybody else in the whole world, which you can't do with the Wii: you have to play with people in your own region i.e. Japanese can only play with Japanese, Europeans with each other etc. And each region has its own online portal, the system is totally split up.

The Wii isn't even that cheap when you put it into perspective. £179 for the same old game concepts dating back to the NES? Give me a break. You Wii owners have fun with Super Duper Uber Mario 128, Donkey Kong 27, The Legend of Zelda: Stale Game Concept Which Was Never Any Good To Begin With, Mario Kart Yet Again v2.0, Super Mega Yoshi With Slightly Improved Graphics etc. Where's the originality? And, when you get bored, why not download a load of old games? Pity you have to pay for them, and they all sucked balls 10 years ago, but that's part of the "fun", right? Nintendo try to counteract this by releasing some old MegaDrive games as well... pity most of them suck. And the Wii doesn't even have a DVD player. My PS2 has one, as does my old PC from 1999.

Having said that, the PS3 is a dead duck. Half of the exclusives it had have now been announced for the 360 (MGS is coming to 360, GTA4 is on the 360 with special 360 exclusive content). According to people in America, XBOX Live is a far better online system which doesn't lag, the PS3 is prone to overheating and crashing, it's as ugly as sin, and it costs £425 even before you get any accessories or games. And, performance wise, it's not really that much better on paper than the 360. Blu-Ray? So what? Who is going to produce a game with 50GB of content on the disc? Too expensive and time consuming, nobody will do it.

I'll stick to my 360. Original games, great fun, absolutely perfect multiplayer system.
good post UK1337

but you have to admit, snes had some of the best games ever. super mario world, donkey kong, all of those were good on the snes, and really addictive. i have been playing them since i was 7 and im not bored of them yet

and the only n64 game i really liked was super mario 64.

UK31337 said:

True dat...

IMO,
if the Wii fails on anything it's going to be that the controls are so unique that people won't exclusivly write games for that system. publishers like to release games to all consoles, then they get the most sales!

but also I don't think that th graphics suck all that bad, or even that uber realistic graphics actually make much difference to the game.

and the reason that people have faster and faster computers has pretty much nothing to do with games so much as the time taken to perform computational tasks.

Back
Top Bottom