Ownage's new computer parts/work log

Re: New Motherboard

The reason i bought this board was because I wanted to tweak. You will literally drown in the BIOS provided with this board. To give you an idea, they have a 3T command rate ;)

celegorm said:
Yeah, this will be alot like the nvidia 680 boards. good cards for them are out so demand is real high.

if i didn't get my evga board, i would have gotten this one. Yeah, its not SLI, but a Striker is not with it from what i've personally seen of it.

Yeah, well the RD600 chipset owns the 680i chipset. ;)

Mhmm. NVIDIA's chipsets have really gone down the drain ever since the nForce 4.

The Nforce 4 has problems with the Maxtor SATA series, last time I remember. That's a bad thing.

Also, it had problems with the Xfi cards from Creative.

I think they fixed with a software update. Hmm...forgot.

The last REAL nForce chipset that was hands down the best was the nForce 3. God, that chipset was awesome...all combined into one chip too, unlike that northbridge and southbridge crap they have now. :(

alvino said:
Mhmm. NVIDIA's chipsets have really gone down the drain ever since the nForce 4.

sooo true! because of nforce 4 im probably never going to get an Nvidia chipset again!

Last time I heard, it's problematic. The Nforce 3 was good, but I wasn't really into the one chipset, but it had the best compability ever!

Well the one chip thing was just unique. While Intel and everyone else had a northbridge and southbridge, NVIDIA had the great idea of combining them and saving PCB space.

i dont see what was so wrong with nforce4, i mean on the the socket 939 they provided some of the most stable and well tuned systems at the time of their release. Ati fans and ati itself has always talked about how they are better than nvidia, unfortunately for them ati sucks at releasing products at the right time, and has been stuck behind nvidia for some good time now. after their acquisition by amd it seems they have completely fallen into the amd rut of releasing competitive products half a year after the bandwagon has come and gone.

say what you may about nvidia chips, at least they're bloody well available, i dont see too many rd600 boards (one). and where the hell is dx10 ati cards, i mean im not a nvidia fanboy, i've owned both cards in the past, but ati is really letting me down right now, its as if they're not even trying to put up a fight.

what sucks is that there wont be anymore ati chipset intel boards soon, kinda sucks, but i guess ill have to trust nvidia and intel chipsets.

one last thing that gamer oriented computer forums always overlook, nvidia has been OWNING ati in the workstation market for a LONG time now, the new firegls suck, not because they do not compare to the nvidia cards (which they do in some cases) but i would have expected ati to release something "BETTER" then what was sitting in the market for a year already, they had loads of time, they ignored all their workstation users and then after a year or so they release sub par graphics cards.

Back
Top Bottom