My Cooling Dilemma

Buy a new cpu cooler man, and try to get some 120mm in there, if they fit. I have one 120mm in the back of mine, and a 120mm in the front, the fan in the front sucks in air and the one in the back blows air out.

CompMan said:
Buy a new cpu cooler man, and try to get some 120mm in there, if they fit. I have one 120mm in the back of mine, and a 120mm in the front, the fan in the front sucks in air and the one in the back blows air out.
yeah thats exactly what im trying to do, i think ill take off the two 80mm fans and their holders, and ill just attach a 120mm fan instead, its a really tight fit i checked but it will fit inside the case, im thinking about doing that in the front too, maybe ill take off the front cover and just place 120mm fans on the outside of the case front to blow air in.

no no, LOOK AT HIS AMBIENT TEMPS. Then look at his cpu temps. There is NO WAY the cpu will go under ambient with conventional air/water cooling. You will need phase to get it under ambient. So right now, your job is to lower ambient temps. Turn down the thermostat or what not.

I would suggest getting some ROUND 40 cables instead of those flat ones I see in the pic. That could help with airflow along with the other suggestions.

EDIT - Your intake fan is at the bottom. Sometimes there is not enough space from the tower to whatever it is on to provide adequate supply of intake air. Try to get some more space under it. Also adding fans to the front of the case would be great. Newegg has an awesome deal on fans right now, buy in bulk. 10 = $12 with free shipping. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835150007

Ownage also has a good point about the Ambient temps.

Hey if your still thinking about buying the Vantec Tornado case fan let me tell you it will freeze your case temps. :D My GPU temp was at 77C idle and my CPU was at 55C at idle. :-( Now my GPU temp is at 55C idle and my CPU temp is at 37C at idle. :) I have to warn you though.. get a fan controller for the Vantech Tornado case fan because it is loud... I am waiting for my fan controller to come in so it is not running at full speed the whole time... X-P Oh well it cools things down alot as you can see!

I remember when I had a couple of Tornado's on my cpu cooler lol. It sounded like a hairdryer was inside my case, I couldn't stand it. I wish I got a fan controller now that I think of it.

Back
Top Bottom