Choosing a CRT Monitor...

rhinolax25 said:
why do you want a CRT when LCD is so much better and has better immage

I agree, The price diffrence is not that much. For what you get it is worth the extra cash for a LCD monitor. But if anything I would say the Phillips CRT.

LCDs
Pros
Compact, lightweight size
Good color and sharp image
Use less energy, generate less heat
Flicker-free, easy on the eyes

CRTs
Pros
Lower purchase price
Bright image, color clarity
Sharp picture, fluid video
Adjustable (multisynch) image

rhinolax25 said:
why do you want a CRT when LCD is so much better and has better immage

No they dont, unless you get an lcd in the thousands, its not going to look as good as a crt. Anyways, i have a NEC multisync, and its great.

Yeah, LCDs are quickly becoming as good as or better than CRTs with advances in technology. I would recommend an LCD.

i got two lcd's coming from 2 21" crt's and i love the lcd's WAY more, much more clear/bright/crisp etc.

if ur price range is 100-150 id consider getting a 17" lcd or maybe a 19" widescreen lcd, it might be around 170-180 tho. if u can spare the cash, itd be worth it in my opinion

EDIT:
see u could just get somethin like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824116065

its 150 (after rebate) + free shipping....and no tax

I'd say get an LCD since they're around the same price, they use less power, they look better and the image quality is great. I've got two LCD's and I notice no lag, the color is great and image quality is outstanding. I personally hate CRt's because they're so big and they put off too much heat. In the summer here it gets in excess of 110 degress fahrenheit and when I had a CRT it was noticeable when it was on or off, I'd have to leave it off during the day as well as the PC because it would get about 90 in the room with both running. With LCD I don't notice any heat unless I touch the monitor to move it or something after its been on. I'd say that it's definitely worthwhile to get an LCD.

troy272 said:
I'd say get an LCD since they're around the same price, they use less power, they look better and the image quality is great. I've got two LCD's and I notice no lag, the color is great and image quality is outstanding. I personally hate CRt's because they're so big and they put off too much heat. In the summer here it gets in excess of 110 degress fahrenheit and when I had a CRT it was noticeable when it was on or off, I'd have to leave it off during the day as well as the PC because it would get about 90 in the room with both running. With LCD I don't notice any heat unless I touch the monitor to move it or something after its been on. I'd say that it's definitely worthwhile to get an LCD.

Damn dude u don't have air conditioning?!

CompMan said:
Damn dude u don't have air conditioning?!

I do, but when it's that hot out it's not really all that effective. 2 story houses here have to have 2 AC units just to keep it somewhat cool in the summer and electricity bills are in excess of 400 a month for those houses. I live in a one story and even then, the AC doesn't feel like it's working in the heat of the day.

Back
Top Bottom