vista

AlexF1224 said:
Whats the point of the flip 3D thing? Does it just look cool.
Yeah, and if you've got a lot of say internet explorers open, it's easier to pick out the one that you want. But it mostly looks sweet.

I ran my RC1 on a POS (i hope i don't need to send a pm to anyone explaining what that is) system and it still ran better on vista ultimate than it ever has with xp.

i ran it on my comp in sig for about 2 months, it ran like a charm, i love it and cant wait to get my version. The only thing that stinks is that im getting the 32 bit

I just installed Windows Vista Business on my current computer. Runs perfectly fine, I love Aero Glass and the best part is that I saved $300. :D

Taylor, you can easily contact Microsoft if you want a CD (not everyone has a DVD drive) or 64-bit version. They send it to you free of charge

freestyler105 said:
4. Better security?

5. Networking is easy to setup. Haven't actually used it, but so I hear.

Security will be completly ignored by users as it's *%#$ing annoying in Vista.

And Networking is not easier to use.

DJ-CHRIS said:
Security will be completly ignored by users as it's *%#$ing annoying in Vista.

And Networking is not easier to use.

I can see how the UAC thing will get old really quick. People will eventually just hit "allow" on everything whether it's good or bad. I think microsoft could've done a little bit better than that.

Not really. It's not Microsoft's fault that people get so damn impatient with things like that. They do that to make sure you know that YOU excecuted that command, not some malware or whatnot. You can turn it off too, but when your computer gets jacked, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

As for security, it's not bad for basic OS security. Windows Firewall has been vastly improved over the XP Firewall and Windows Defender is pretty good (it's gotten pretty good reviews before).

As for networking, I found it easier to use than XP. Things are displayed and shown very clearly, as where XP you had to know what you were doing or you would screw something up.

Yeah, I dont naturally press allow. I expect it to ask usually. and know what its asking for. I think vista's security is better, much better.

alvino said:
You can turn it off too, but when your computer gets jacked, you'll have no one to blame but yourself.

yes its true you can turn it off, but then you get pop ups like you would for not having auto-updates turned on in windows.

However, like you said (atleast, i think it was you), its still good when it comes to security.

Back
Top Bottom