Asus 7900GT/GTO 256 MB and BF 2

Alright well i think i see a difference between the dual channel and single channel. I gotta get myself another 512 mb stick. In counter striker source, if i put max graphics, max details, what kinda fps should i be getting with my setup? and like should it be constant or going up and down? Im seing 40-50fps going to 80 fps on a 36 player server..

GTA1989 said:
Alright well i think i see a difference between the dual channel and single channel. I gotta get myself another 512 mb stick. In counter striker source, if i put max graphics, max details, what kinda fps should i be getting with my setup? and like should it be constant or going up and down? Im seing 40-50fps going to 80 fps on a 36 player server..
max graphics, what do you mean by that? 1600x1200 with lots of aa and af?

Lemme give ya my specs
AMD64 3200+
2gb dual channel ram
eVGA GeForce 7600GT
I play CS source at 1280x960 res
Full HDR, full details, 2x aa, 8x af
I play in servers with no more than 20 people, I generally manage 50+ fps, and in smaller servers I get 90+

However, you need to understand that counter-strike source is very CPU demanding. Even though your GPU is better than mine, the fact my cpu is a tiny bit faster might give me an edge.

this game really doesn't get much a of a performance boost at all between 1 gig and 2 gigs of ram.

i am not sure how our cards compare... but I am getting 98fps in bf2 with absoloutly everything on full. Weather its a big/small map.

Back
Top Bottom