Asus 7900GT/GTO 256 MB and BF 2

GTA1989

Baseband Member
I just recently got this video card. I just had some questions. Am i suppose to be able to run Battlefield 2 at max resolution and at max graphics with tons of fps? Is my CPU too slow for my videocard? What should i be expecting? Does anyone else have a simular card here? And is there a difference in performance if i have 1 GB in dual channel or 1.5GB of ram in Single?

Thanks

Cuz i find BF 2 is kind of lagging at max resolution on a 64 player server with max graphics. Could it be my drivers or my cpu too slow?

You did install the drivers for your video card that came with it dint you? Your CPU should
not be the problem. What kind of internet connection do you have?

I have high speed DSL. My ping is fine. The thing is, i got the card from a friend and he didnt give me the drivers that came with it, he lost them. I put in the nvidia drivers from their site but it could be that. Ill try to download the asus ones..it might make a difference.

Nah man i just tried. No difference. I dont know, could it be my cpu? Cuz my mother board rocks. Now i always get into 64 player servers. Could it be that the video can handle it but the cpu cant do it fast enough?

okay i think i found the problem. My cpu was running at 1 ghz for some reason. Anyway, how can i know how much fps im getting in BF2?

GTA1989 said:
I just recently got this video card. I just had some questions. Am i suppose to be able to run Battlefield 2 at max resolution and at max graphics with tons of fps? Is my CPU too slow for my videocard? What should i be expecting? Does anyone else have a simular card here? And is there a difference in performance if i have 1 GB in dual channel or 1.5GB of ram in Single?

Thanks
do NOT use 1.5 single channel. That will get you less performance than 1gb dual channel I would. I know this from experience and from other people who have done the same thing. Truuuuuust me.

Back
Top Bottom