Best Firewall / Anti-spyware / Anti-Virus

scouserfrancis

Beta member
what are the best Firewall / Anti-spyware / Antivirus at the mo im using For

Antivirus: Antivir PersonEdition

Firewall: Sunbelt Kerio Personal Firewall

Spyware: SUPERAntiSpyware (The Trial Is Up)

What is the best anti-spyware out there :rolleyes:

I use:

Ad aware SE Personal

NOD 32

Zone Alarms (free basic version)

keeps my system fine :)

I use

Spy Sweeper and Spyware Blaster

Nod32

Zone Alarm Pro

Clean as a whistle on last check.

I'm using avg as my anti-virus, but avira is great too.
Sygate Personal firewall. I think this is great!
ad-aware and spybot for anti-spyware.

^^ everyone of those is free.

Firewall: Cisco IOS 12.4 IP+/FW running on a Cisco 831

Antivirus: NOD32

Spyware: Currently MSAS but thinking of using Webroot.

Firewall : Hardware based

AV : NOD32

Spyware : Spysweeper, Spyware Doctor, and a few others

Here are my choices and the reason's why:

CounterSpy v.2 - I previously purchased 100 copies of Ad-aware SE Professional for our Windows 2000/XP clients and ran this program for two years. When our license expired, I looked at other anti-spyware because of the horrible customer/technical support I experienced with Ad-aware SE Pro. I tried the CounterSpy software and after installing it on our clients, CounterSpy found Trojans, Adware, key loggers, etc, on the same computers that Ad-aware SE Professional was supposedly protecting. CounterSpy also has very good technical support.

F-Secure Anti-virus 2007 - For years, we were running different versions of McAfee on our clients; but when it failed to protect some of the systems, I searched for something better and found the F-Secure product. The F-Secure Anti-virus was able to find Trojans that McAfee and Norton missed and it has 4 engines driving it, instead of 1 or 2. I think this is the best product on the market and you can download a 30-day trial from http://www.f-secure.com/home_user/support_and_downloads/evaluations/

Cisco PIX 501 Perimeter Firewall - This is an enterprise-class firewall at an affordable price for small office/home office networks. Of course, you need some firewall knowledge to configure and effectively administer it; but if you have the knowledge, or are willing to learn...this is a great choice. If your budget is smaller, then check out the LinkSys or Netgear flavors. Both have models for wired and wireless networks, as well as port blocking and NAT capabilities.

Visnetic Workstation desktop firewall - I used ZoneAlarm Pro for years, but when they added the OSFirewall feature, it conflicted with my F-Secure AV product and locked up my system. After asking Zonelabs for advice on how to get around the conflict, they told me to remove F-Secure, which was the wrong answer. At the time, I didn't realize the OSFirewall was the culprit that was causing the conflict and I eventually figured it out; but since they did not offer that advice, I knew it was time to look elsewhere. I found a hacker site that recommended the Visnetic above all others, so I gave it a try and never looked back. Not only does it coexist peacefully with F-Secure and CounterSpy, it has very powerful features not usually found in personal firewalls.

You can download trial copies of the CounterSpy, Visnetic, and Kerio programs from our security website at: http://www.pc-armor.com/products.asp

If after trying them and you are convinced they are worth the minimal cost, you simply purchase them online using the instructions in the e-mail.

Good Luck.

Back
Top Bottom