AMD Athlon FX60

ownage said:
but you see, you're taking the highest end dual core and comparing it to the lowest end C2D, not exactly apples to apples here. Let's compare clock for clock shall we?

Like i said

LambOfGod said:
Now i'm not saying who is better or what, i am showing the facts

the E6300 and FX-60 are close in performance

just curious, isn't the opteron a server processor? or at least the amd equivelant of a xeon?

LambOfGod said:
K, cool.. How do you like that Raptor?

tbh, i don't have a computer that can use it right now as i sold off my other one. I should be getting motherboard, processor this weekend, RAM next week so it'll be good. I'll be borrowing a video card from Alvino. So that'll be my setup for a while.

well thanks guys for all your info im not sure im any wiser i have been looking at all the amd duel cores my mobo can take as the FX60 is the highest it can take i figure it would be better than amd x2 4200 or x2 4400.

ASSEMBLER said:
well thanks guys for all your info im not sure im any wiser i have been looking at all the amd duel cores my mobo can take as the FX60 is the highest it can take i figure it would be better than amd x2 4200 or x2 4400.

It would be better than a 4200 or 4400. are you still considering getting it?

troy272 said:
just curious, isn't the opteron a server processor? or at least the amd equivelant of a xeon?

Thats correct the opteron goes through tougher testing to ensure it is a more stable, and solid processor. Because its meant for a server that needs to stay running, and dependable.

more info for you

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opteron

its a toss up between the opertron FX60 or a 4600 dual core at the min
Not sure if my mobo will take the opertron cpu

ASSEMBLER said:
its a toss up between the opertron FX60 or a 4600 dual core at the min
Not sure if my mobo will take the opertron cpu

Whats the model of your board?

Back
Top Bottom