how do i get rid of IE

firefox rules! Keep internet explorer cuz some programs need you to use the active x control to run. uninstalling ie will make u stuck in a hole when u need the active x control. just keep it.

dude dont get rid of internet explorer. because what happens if firefox stops working for some reason? how are you even gonna connect to the internet to download another version?

IE7 screws up some of the programs on my computer that I use a lot so I won't be upgrading to IE7......

You can't completely remove Internet Explorer from Windows. It's integrated into the operating system (which is partially why it opens faster) and trying to uninstall it or remove files will just result in your system getting corrupt and screwed up. If you don't like it, don't use it.

Personally I don't see whats so "OMFG!!!111!!!11!" about it. It's not a bad internet browser. It still handles Java and Flash better than Firefox. The majority of computer users still use Internet Explorer over Firefox and Opera combined. I just use Maxthon...it uses Internet Explorer's Trident engine, but has more features than IE6 does. Haven't gotten a popup in ages and it works wonderfully. I like it more than Firefox to be honest.

Lac3y said:
I don't think you can. IE is heavily integrated into XP, it is required for it to work.

Don't listen to the firefox fanboys, IE7 has been proven to be better in almost every way.
I do see your point, but seeing how ie IS ie... ie7 will no doubt become just as prone to spyware and viruses as IE6 is. (I use opera btw)

IE undoubtedly has it's weaknesses, but IE7 does have more security features than IE6 does. Usually, it just depends what sites you visit.

Windows Vista comes with two different versions of IE7. One with add-ons and one without. The one without the add-ons can be found in System Tools of Vista. It could solve some problems associated with IE7 hangups when you have some kind of ActiveX control running in the background.

as alvino said, it's actually impossible to remove IE completly, it's integrated to the core.

that's why you can open IE and put c: as the address and see your files, or conversly open explorer, type a web address and be browsing webpages.

if you don't want to use it then don't. but there is no getting rid of it, it's a core windows component, just like the desktop.

IMO, firefox isn't all that either, I (personally) have had far more problems with firefox in my time than I have with IE, (opera FTW though, but I even stopped using that as many web pages are still optimised for IE, which is still most popular...)

Back
Top Bottom