Car Thread!

Just took some pics of my car a few minutes ago

neon1.png

neon2.png

neon3.png

And I took a video of me revving it, it's really weak, so make fun of it all you want.

http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y267/cabbspapp/?action=view&current=MVI_0022.flv

lol

It's clean, and at least you know how to rev it from under the hood, that counts for something.

That looks way different from mine, I'll have to get a picture of my engine bay.

That thing is seriously screaming to be lowered though, haha. Maybe it's just the camera angle?

D-Lew said:
lol
It's clean, and at least you know how to rev it from under the hood, that counts for something.

Huh....I wonder if I can rev my engine from under the hood...I know how to, if it was driver by cable I could do it no prob...but my car is drive by wire...and its controlled electronically...Have to check that out this weekend lol.

Yeah, you can. Just look for the throttle body. It's on the end of your intake manifold, which if your engine is layed out the same as the focus duratecs, it should be on your right side on the end of the black plastic intake manifold that goes to the engine.

It's got a cable, it's just not connected to the pedal directly. It's connected to a servo motor which is connected to the pedal.

It's not the angle, it does need to be lowered badly. But i got 39,000 miles before I can do anything to it, still has a warranty. By that time I hope to have wheels, tint, and possibly a sound system. I don't plan on doing any serious performance upgrades, because it wouldn't really be worth it on a Neon. Maybe intake and exhaust at most, and not those cheap $99 dollar APC mufflers.

Zapdos said:
a dodge neon lol? I should take a pic of my bmw m3

Hey I wasn't bragging about it lol. It's a Neon, it gets me places without raping my wallet for gas.

I wanna see your M3, I love M3's.

cabbspapp said:
It's not the angle, it does need to be lowered badly. But i got 39,000 miles before I can do anything to it, still has a warranty. By that time I hope to have wheels, tint, and possibly a sound system. I don't plan on doing any serious performance upgrades, because it wouldn't really be worth it on a Neon. Maybe intake and exhaust at most, and not those cheap $99 dollar APC mufflers.
Turbo, turbo, turbo, turbo!

Actually believe it or not, there's legislation about aftermarket parts and warranties. It's the Magnuson-Moss Act and it basically states that warranty service cannot be denied unless the part to be repaired IS or IS DIRECTLY RELATED TO the faulty part. So, if your throttle body breaks, by law, the stealership can't say "We can't fix that under warranty because you have springs." Knowledge is power.

Back
Top Bottom