Gallery: Cases

HOLY CRAP i LOVE FRIES!
oh damn u live in washington?!? thats where i moved from...now i live in LOUSYana.
i been to the fry's in renton about 3 times and i loved it...didn't buy anything though. i like their urinals. last time i was there was over a year ago. i used to live in tacoma, so i don't think going every week could be possible. auh man..i HATE THIS FUCKING STATE! i want to leave and go back sooooooooo bad.

drumthrasher said:
HOLY CRAP i LOVE FRIES!
oh damn u live in washington?!? thats where i moved from...now i live in LOUSYana.
i been to the fry's in renton about 3 times and i loved it...didn't buy anything though. i like their urinals. last time i was there was over a year ago. i used to live in tacoma, so i don't think going every week could be possible. auh man..i HATE THIS FUCKING STATE! i want to leave and go back sooooooooo bad.

I like Fry's too, but some stuff is overpriced.

Haha, it's Fry's Electronics, not Fries Electronics. :p Fry's has some great deals sometimes, but I hate the staff there. They're on commission, so they bug you like no other. My dad once was just looking at some notebooks and out of nowhere this employee just comes up to him and my dad was thinking he would ask if he needed help, instead the employee asked him if he was Korean (our entire family is Chinese by the way) and he was like, "What the heck? Why do you care?"

What also sucks about Fry's employees is that they constantly try to help you even though you've made it clear that you're browsing or you're fine. That's happened to me so many times I swear I could've smacked every staff member there.

ROFL, and some of them don't even know jack shit. One time my friend (Ownage might know who I'm talking about) was there and he decided to just play around with some of the staff, so he picked up a Linksys and D-Link wireless networking card. He then found an employee and asked him if he could SLI either of them. The guy just was like "Uhh...I think you need the Linksys one." :eek::p I laughed so hard...

They also have the worst security EVER. The same friend I just mentioned went to the Fry's Electronics in Santa Clara (closest one to me) on Black Friday and he managed to steal FOUR NVIDIA 8800 GTX's! How? From what he told me, he opened the box for a mid-tower case and managed to stuff all four 8800 GTX's in the inside, closed up the case and boxed it up. He paid for the case and no one was the wiser. :p I'm not encouraging stealing, but SERIOUSLY...you would think that they would have security cameras for a reason. :rolleyes:

Wow...just...wow 4 8800 GTX's. that's like, $2500 just in graphics!

Yeah, whenever I go to Fry's, I make sure I know what I wanna get, regardless of what they say. Or I just play along until they leave, get what I want, then walk away. I haven't had a problem with the staff bugging me, rather not helping me. But I usually don't want the help, but my parents usually do, and I'm like "shh, be quiet".

I still can't get over 4 8800's.

Just tell them you don't need assistance, and you know about their commission policy.

It's that reason why I shop at Best Buy rather then Fry's. I don't need to be pressured to buy something, and I don't need to be treated like I'm a dumbass by their employees after being repeatably asked if I need help.

Word. That is EXACTLY why I love Best Buy. I'll still shop at Fry's if I find something cheap or if I need random parts or cables or whatnot, but if I need something that I know Best Buy has, I'm there. The employees at Best Buy don't pressure you at all. They just ask if you need help and if not, fine...they wander off to find others to help. You would literally have to play a game of 20 Questions at Fry's just to get them away from you. :p

I don't really like how Best Buy wants $200 for a Geforce 6600. But I like them for their other stuff, and it's easier to shop there. They just don't really carry many computer parts, which is why I shop at Fry's. My parents hate ordering stuff online ever since we returned a X1900XT because it was artifacting no matter what I did. I would've exchanged it, but they were out of stock. My parents were mad because they lost $10 on shipping :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom