Entering my first run...

kjman87 said:
Hey Glass, have you ever done any running that distance before?

its like 6.2 miles which isnt impossible but its kind of far if thats your first run and you normally dont run that far.

Yeah I regularly run 10km on treadmill in the gym, but I realise that its completely different to road running, and where I can do 10k (6.2mile) comfortably, when I do road running I am usually pretty tired at about 4-5 mile.

I tend to do at least 1 road run a week, but I am worried about the impact on my knees so until I get to running season then I will keep to mainly treadmill and maintain the weekly road run.

The run isn't until May so I think that I will be able to build up my stamina by then....

Damn, you guys have some skill for runnig a marathon. I practice shotokan, karate, and basically random martial arts, but I couldn't run a whole marathon.

GlasseyeUK said:
For those few that know me, since february last year I have lost over 7 stone (nearly 100lbs). I have always had this wish to do two things, the first is a freefall parachute jump, which I was always too heavy for, and the second was a marathon.

I have my eyes on the New York Marathon 2008, but first of all I need to enter some shorter runs, and events to get used to the atmosphere, the running style etc.

I have now entered and been accepted for the Great Manchester Run, which is only 10km and is on the 20th May 2007. I am quite excited about this and feel its going to a step in the right direction towards my goals for 2007.
good luck i am gonna be watching thaton tv or i may even go down there at the sidelines as i did last year

I cant run a marathon though i would love to by like sept of this year...maybe that can be a goal...26 miles...damn

Back
Top Bottom