overclockinh help

pike8

In Runtime
overclocking help

first, i want to say that im total overclocking noob, so when answering, please be patient. :)
so, i have Palit GeForce 7600GT and it's running at 560/700. it has stock cooler
first question is can overclocking burn or damage my card?
what is the easiest and the safest way to do the overclocking?
which software to use?
when i change the speeds of memory and core, how will i know for sure that these speeds are ok and safe?
and which speeds do you think that the card can handle (with the stock cooler of course)?

-yes, it can cause overheating, which could damage the card
- coolbits
- coolbits
- run something like one of the 3dmark problems. If something is wrong then you will see artifacts etc.

and about the speeds, don't have one myself so I can't really say from personal experience, but use google to see what others have got.

and how exactly may i damage the card? is there any method of overclocking which is risk-free?

pike8 said:
and how exactly may i damage the card? is there any method of overclocking which is risk-free?
there is no real risk free way of overclocking anythink but my advice is
1)think about what your target is ,how far do you want to overclock
2increase the clock speed in small incriments checking temperatures after ach incriment
3)stop overclokcing ince you reach the target

there is no good either overclocking in one big chunk as you cannot see stability getting worse also you need a target for your overclcok overwishe you will go too far and damage the card

and what do you think what are the max clock speeds (approximately) that would be safe with the stock cooler, from my original 560/700?

i dontknow as i dont know much about overclocking vid cards but as said above maybe google search or wait till other members see this thread usually somebody knows on here

well it's really hard to damage the card, unless you mess with the voltages. And well, I'd just go as far as the card goes. :p Just increase it a little each time and run a 3dmark once in a while, then when you get artifacts decrease the clock speeds untill you find one with no artifacts. Then take it down about 20mhz and it should be good.

mammikoura said:
well it's really hard to damage the card, unless you mess with the voltages. And well, I'd just go as far as the card goes. :p Just increase it a little each time and run a 3dmark once in a while, then when you get artifacts decrease the clock speeds untill you find one with no artifacts. Then take it down about 20mhz and it should be good.
hmmm... i don't quite understand this. when i find speed with no artifacts, why should i lower it again for 20 mHz???

Not sure, but the program i use is RivaTuner. You can adjust the GPU clock and memory speed and then test it.

Back
Top Bottom