Vista available in UK

Well if thats the case, then i find it strange that a respectable company in the UK is selling it. Check the link out above, the info i posted is direct from the site.

Many companies have sold OEM versions, the loophole that they use is that you can sell it with a piece of hardware, for example hard drive etc, however they often overlook that when you actually purchase it.

I remember buying MCE OEM and I had to buy the remote control pack with it, that qualified as a piece of hardware.

Ive got MCE OEM here aswell, and i purchased it on its own, there must be other ways around it.

Raffaz said:
Ive got MCE OEM here aswell, and i purchased it on its own, there must be other ways around it.

Yeah that what I meant to say in my previous post, some companies will conveniently overlook the purchase of the hardware part of it.

Yes, thats why you will find slight variations in the EULA for vista, to stop these loop holes. :D

Natalya said:
Yes, thats why you will find slight variations in the EULA for vista, to stop these loop holes. :D

So why allow the OEM version to be retailed to the general public?

It seems like Microsoft is saying, here look at this you can have it for this much..........or actually NO YOU CAN'T!!

i wonder if this will turn out to be another PS3 episode with the expensive prices on eBay and people willing to pay over a grand to get it early...hope not :p

Natalya said:
Yeah, thats fair enough, but there is obviously ways around it or there wouldnt be 3 companies (that i know of) selling it

Ronco Rox said:
i wonder if this will turn out to be another PS3 episode with the expensive prices on eBay and people willing to pay over a grand to get it early...hope not :p

I really don't see that happening, those that really wanted to get it early would have had the RC1 version etc....

Mind you saying that there are always those people who have more money then sense!! :rolleyes:

GlasseyeUK said:
So why allow the OEM version to be retailed to the general public?

It seems like Microsoft is saying, here look at this you can have it for this much..........or actually NO YOU CAN'T!!

OEM is not allowed to be sold to the public like that. STUPID RESELLERS WHO DONT DO THEIR JOB PROPERLLY CAUSE ALL THIS CRAP.

What MS is saying is, Buy a new computer and we will give you the software at a discounted price PRE INSTALLED aka OEM, OR, Buy the software on its own but pay a little more.

Back
Top Bottom