Rant no.2 The Family Chronicles

MikeReiner said:
Do any of you guys/gals have to deal with this kind crap?

yes.. but with my mum.. i litereally cant walk in the house, buy food, go down the pub (im 19, legal drinking age is 18), clean my clothes without being yelled at for bloody ages. if i buy food she shouts at me because shes 'already bought food'.. well.. apart from the bread (or should i call it penicillin) that actually disintigrated when i picked it up, or the food she has bought for herself and my sister, theres jack shit in the house. yet if i buy something, or take one of the meals in the fridge, i get a load of crap for that.. ive taken to kebabs or chips in my car now, sit round the corner before i come in and eat it.. i cant go down the pub (which i havnt done for a while now, until yesterday, i hadnt been down there since new years eve.. and its my bday, so im allowed to have a drink :rolleyes: ). i try to use the washing machine, and get crap for that.. its just generally pissing me off to be in this house at the moment cause of all the shit i get just for being here..

and to you who will say 'move out' im in teh process of doing just that.. i will be living in harlow again soon, but with my dad this time.. were renting a place for a while, and gonna see what happens after that.. but i know for sure that i cant live here much longer.. its driving me crazy, and starting to affect my college work, which aint good..

anyway.. enough ranting from me..

Haven't lived at home since I was about 17 but in my time have lived in shared houses with some rum ol people, remember one place the landlord told us we were only allowed to use the kitchen between 6am - 7am and 5:30pm-6:30pm, I immediately handed in my notice and moved out the next day.

He then refused to return my deposit, (about £400) and so me and a few mates went to visit him at his local pub and he kindly offered to go to the cash machine with us.....

Ok 1st off she is 19....

I don't consider living with your parents and being 19 a bad thing. As long as you contribute. Example the deal with my folks is when I turn 18 I got two choices.
1. Move out
2. Pay rent

I get 3 months free rent for my highschool present after that it'll be so much each month. (Granted my rent would be cheap) but still, I think your parents need to get real with her. She is 19 years old she needs to learn a few things.
1. Shes an adult act like one, shes expected too.
2. She needs to start paying bills its somthing that everyone has to do.
3. She needs a job, and she needs a job ASAP, flipping burgers at burger king isn't a bad thing or demoralizing i've done it.

If i'd be you i'd suggest that your parents cut her off of some things. Gas, she needs to pay her own gas.

Dental and Doctor, we1ll my parents would pay for my Dental/Doctor care regradless... Thats not exactly a luxury in my book.

BUt are your parents paying her bills as in credit cards, debit cards, cell phone, extra money to go ut etc?

GlasseyeUK said:
Haven't lived at home since I was about 17 but in my time have lived in shared houses with some rum ol people, remember one place the landlord told us we were only allowed to use the kitchen between 6am - 7am and 5:30pm-6:30pm, I immediately handed in my notice and moved out the next day.

He then refused to return my deposit, (about £400) and so me and a few mates went to visit him at his local pub and he kindly offered to go to the cash machine with us.....
When I was first married, we were in rooms & our bedroom was in the front downstairs, so traffic kept us awake, we had the use of the sitting room, but the landlady had to come through it to the toilet & kitchen, the bath was a good one, but no taps, to fill it we had to fill a free standing gas boiler with a bucket from a tap, then when it was hot enough, put the bucket under the boiler tap & ladle it into the bath.
We had no alternative, accommodation was very scarce in Portsmouth, luckily we were only there just over a year, we found a house in North End, my dad lent me the deposit, & we moved in.

root said:
I sympathise with you really...

I don't agree with the idea that she's 19 and should be having to seek her own way in the world though.

I mean as much as it is your home, it is also her home, and just as your parents bought you a computer, they will buy her stuff...
and I'm not being funny, but I do see her point of view. you had an adequate computer for browsing the internet and doing work etc on, and you got pissed of and smashed it up? needless to say that I wouldn't have just gone out and bought you another computer, and as much as she does get I understand why she'd be pissed off about this.

but you are right as well, she should respect your rights to be able to sleep at night, and not be such a drama queen!
I too don't think she should be forced to seek her own way in the world.. but I honestly do believe, that if she is 18 or older, she is obligated to show some damn respect and be grateful she gets to live here still.
As for the computer, it still works.. it's just the case that got beat to death.. none of the components got damaged.. but I do understand your point.
lets just say i'm a gamer... and getting bad fps in a game that happens to be 9 years old is rather... frustrating.. (my idea of bad fps is 25 or lower, and it typically would dive below 10..)

I tend to respect hardware for what they do for me what I first get it. From the moment that PC fell in to my possession, I despised it. I was used to my dad's PC, which, even today, runs games just fine.
The PC I have now, I respect it for it's power. 5 years from now, if this PC still works, it will have some sentimental value to me, and I would never destroy it.

Nik00117 said:
Ok 1st off she is 19....

I don't consider living with your parents and being 19 a bad thing. As long as you contribute. Example the deal with my folks is when I turn 18 I got two choices.
1. Move out
2. Pay rent

I get 3 months free rent for my highschool present after that it'll be so much each month. (Granted my rent would be cheap) but still, I think your parents need to get real with her. She is 19 years old she needs to learn a few things.
1. Shes an adult act like one, shes expected too.
2. She needs to start paying bills its somthing that everyone has to do.
3. She needs a job, and she needs a job ASAP, flipping burgers at burger king isn't a bad thing or demoralizing i've done it.

If i'd be you i'd suggest that your parents cut her off of some things. Gas, she needs to pay her own gas.

Dental and Doctor, we1ll my parents would pay for my Dental/Doctor care regradless... Thats not exactly a luxury in my book.

BUt are your parents paying her bills as in credit cards, debit cards, cell phone, extra money to go ut etc?
I don't consider being here that long bad either. My oldest sister was around 25 when she moved out, but she never caused any problems.. so it was all good.
She has a job, she makes enough to pay her own gas.. which is why I don't understand why my parents won't cut her off.
They only pay for the cell phone, the rest is her problem.

mark thorpe said:
yes.. but with my mum.. i litereally cant walk in the house, buy food, go down the pub (im 19, legal drinking age is 18), clean my clothes without being yelled at for bloody ages. if i buy food she shouts at me because shes 'already bought food'.. well.. apart from the bread (or should i call it penicillin) that actually disintigrated when i picked it up, or the food she has bought for herself and my sister, theres jack shit in the house. yet if i buy something, or take one of the meals in the fridge, i get a load of crap for that.. ive taken to kebabs or chips in my car now, sit round the corner before i come in and eat it.. i cant go down the pub (which i havnt done for a while now, until yesterday, i hadnt been down there since new years eve.. and its my bday, so im allowed to have a drink :rolleyes: ). i try to use the washing machine, and get crap for that.. its just generally pissing me off to be in this house at the moment cause of all the shit i get just for being here..

and to you who will say 'move out' im in teh process of doing just that.. i will be living in harlow again soon, but with my dad this time.. were renting a place for a while, and gonna see what happens after that.. but i know for sure that i cant live here much longer.. its driving me crazy, and starting to affect my college work, which aint good..

anyway.. enough ranting from me..

Man... i'll never understand some people.

Brookfield said:
I only had a brother, ten years older than me, he could be a pain, but I commiserate with you, so I'm ignoring your use of the "F" word, I would be using it if I had a sister like her!, 'spect you know that some females use the "time of the month" as an excuse for being bitchy?, your poor parents, they are so good, dealing with all that, but can I say that no matter how angry you were, destroying your computer was, in some way, worse than her tantrums, er, who paid for your new computer?
That may be easy for you to say... but that was a one time affair.. sort of like venting a bunch of built up anger against an inanimate object of very low value. The computer survived, FYI. I continued to use it for up to 3 or 4 more months until my parents bought me a new one.

Back
Top Bottom