Audio problems

BYork721

Solid State Member
Just finished building my 1st computer, and am having audio problems. At first i had absolutely no audio. However, after messing around with settings, i made it to where i could hear music and SOME audio from streaming video. However, after turning my computer on today, i have no audio. All my drivers are installed, so what could be the problem? I am still learning how to troubleshoot computers, so please be kind with your comments :)

Thank you in advance.

If you have a onboard soundcard you may want to re-install the drivers to make sure that everything has been installed. But if it is a expansion slot card, you may want to pull it out and reinsert it back onto your mobo (motherboard). And then reinstall the drivers. Normally the drivers take care of the problem, but sometimes the install file does not install every file needed (due to a glitch in the software). That is what I would at least try. If that doesnt work let me know and Ill try to find sources of the same prob. Also if you could give me the specs of the sound card.

also make sure you are testing everything with the back panel.. make sure it works by plugging it into the back before you try and getting any frount panel ports to work. They can be tricky sometimes..

As stated above 9/10 times its a driver issue.. also recommend not using the drive disk but going to the mobo's website (if its onboard) and downloaded latest drivers. (this goes for all devices)

Let us know what kind of sound device it is, and whether or not its on board.

""spelling""

I had audio for awhile (music only, no streaming audio IE myspace or youtube), and then it just went away. I am trying to download the correct drivers now.

Well, i went to asus.com and downloaded what i think to be the proper drivers and still have no audio. Any ideas?

Go into your bios and make sure your onboard sound did't get disabled by chance. If you need help finding the setting let me know and i'll look in my bios for ya. :)

Back
Top Bottom