Norton Anti-Virus Firewall

Liminator

In Runtime
For some reason whenever I try to play Battle for Middle Earth 2 I always get the "Battle for Middle Earth 2" cannot connect. I know why because of the game.dat file. However whenever I try to add the program to the firewall it says that the program already has rules when its not even on the list. Any ideas?

shut off the firewall. download zonealarm and AVG antivirus and have them running. that is all you need and they work perfectly.

Norton is a huge CPU hog, don't even bother with it.

honestly, i don't use any firewall besides the one xp comes with, and it does me just fine.

I don't use a firewall, I have a router and that's fine for me. I'd recommend not using norton because it's a major RAM/CPU hog and it's not that great at detecting stuff. Go with something better like AVG free or avast home edition.

Norton is gay in my opinion it's more like a virus than anything else :)

Get rid of norton and use a hardware firewall, much more secure, and doesnt hog resources

Ronco Rox said:
shut off the firewall. download zonealarm and AVG antivirus and have them running. that is all you need and they work perfectly.

Norton is a huge CPU hog, don't even bother with it.

I wouldnt use zonealarm, XPs built in firewall works fine.

and if you can afford it, get a hardware firewall Raffaz is right on the money with that one.

I disabled the Norton Firewall but it still says "Cannot establish connection to Battle for Middle Earth 2 Servers."

Sometimes happens with firewalls, disabled doesnt mean disabled. Try uninstalling it and see what happens. Also check windows firewall, for allow no exceptions checkbox

Back
Top Bottom