Windows Vista.

Copperhead

In Runtime
So is anyone planning on getting it?

I might get it this summer depending on reviews and things like that, but I won't get it right away.

When are you planning on getting it? Months, years...

Well, I'm not buying it for a while unless I can get it for free through my dad's work, but there's other places to get it, you know. I'll probably dual boot with XP, only use Vista for gaming with DX10 and such. Can't wait until the R600 is released!

Wow, time has been flying by, only about a week until it's out!

eh to tell you the truth i don't see anything amazing about it except the DX10. i am going to wait this one out. either for the price to drop down by A LOT or wait till next year and get SP3 when that lowers in price. that is if Microsoft doesn't pull the plug on it :D

I like vista. i never had any problems with it while using RC1. That said i'm still going to wait till the end of the summer to get it. that way all the bugs will be out.

celegorm said:
I like vista. i never had any problems with it while using RC1. That said i'm still going to wait till the end of the summer to get it. that way all the bugs will be out.

im thinkin the same thing

Just get it. Oh before you do, I STRONGLY advise you to run the Vista compatiblity check from Microsoft. Actually, when I installed Vista Business on my PC, there was an option in the very beginning that tells me if I want to run a compatiblity check first before the install. Everything checked out except for my old Epson scanner and D-Link wireless adapter. I got that to work after getting new Vista drivers. No big deal there.

As for antivirus, get Norton 360 beta. It's free for download and it's the ONLY security software currently work for Vista.

TRDCorolla said:
Just get it. Oh before you do, I STRONGLY advise you to run the Vista compatiblity check from Microsoft. Actually, when I installed Vista Business on my PC, there was an option in the very beginning that tells me if I want to run a compatiblity check first before the install. Everything checked out except for my old Epson scanner and D-Link wireless adapter. I got that to work after getting new Vista drivers. No big deal there.

As for antivirus, get Norton 360 beta. It's free for download and it's the ONLY security software currently work for Vista.

don't use norton.... use nod32 or avast or something like that...

Yea, Norton is suckish lol, I also use NOD32. I dont think I'll be getting vista anytime soon though lol.

I am planning on getting Vista Ultimate 64-bit. I just ordered it for 200$ from www.campustech.com - If you are looking to get it for a great deal, I would recommend them, but you do have to be in school, or working as a teacher. I have read some pre-reviews and from what I hear there may be a little bugs, but I always love to try to newest software on the market. In time they will go away, and that is fine with me.

Back
Top Bottom