Windows Vista, What is right for you?

Well I got good news, at least for me anyways. Turns out I'll be getting Vista way, way sooner then I thought I would. I'm getting it free from MSDN - ETA February 1st, 2007. I just got news from a confirmation email so I'm pretty excited about it. As for what version it is, I have no clue at the moment. I just hope it's either Home Premium or Ultimate. Doesn't matter.

Now the only thing is having the time to install it. The idea of making back ups, moving things around, reinstalling everything, making sure everything will work, etc., etc. is a headache. Especially right in the middle of winter quarter 07.

TRD,

I think MSDN sends Business Vista and Ultimate - 32-bit and 64-bit. This is based on the MSDN Keys my company has and Im looking at the sheet as I type this. Though I did finally receive the DVD's from Microsoft early last week (all of MS 2007 apps and OS's), I can't remember what it said on the DVD's other than Vista. :)
Have fun with it ... I've been using the MSDN most recent download for about 2 months now!

In all i think this OS has a chance in being fulfilled, But i still will have to wait til all bugs, Exploits and holes that will have you guessing if it really is protecting intruders. Once all those are indeed ironed out, It will make all the difference in the world.

Wow, that's good we're getting an Ultimate Edition. Unfortunately for me, I don't see Ultimate as of yet. Perhaps the Feb 1st deadline will have it. Right now, Business Vista is the only one I can get right now:

vista16nx.jpg

I'm thinking that I really like the Media Center feature, but I don't think it's included for the Business Edition. I just like the way it looks, lol. In the meantime, I'm tying up bandwidth for this, hehe. Thank goodness for broadband.

I'm thinking that vista isn't going to be as bad as I thought it would be.... those are some great screenshots. I like the new task manager too :)

Its all just eye candy to me, looks spot on. But that doesnt sell it to me. Ive got it setup on a VPC here but im happy with XP for now.

looks very sexy, like the new windows media player look, but im worried that for weaker pcs that the effects will use all of the power rather than the actual programs. i am happy with XP, but as long as vista has a classic view option like win ME, i am going to get the upgrade.

Windows Vista has a new system performance rating which gives you an idea how your system handles to software. As you see in one of my screenshots, I have a 4.2. According to Microsoft, anything with a 4 or 5 is considered excellent in handling just about anything Vista throws at it. It meets all requirement for Vista and should run at full throttle with little to no bottleneck.

It takes some time getting use to. I have trouble seeing the new Windows because of the transparency "glass" look. You can adjust that easily in properties. Oh, there is no more Properties when you right click on the desktop. That's gone. Now, it's called Personalize. Then a window pops up with a bunch of stuff you can change such as screensaver, wallpaper, theme, etc.

Back
Top Bottom