Hey , somone help me please!

geforce126853

Solid State Member
Alright, Ive posted this in a few other forums asking this problem Ive had for such a long time... Basically when i download a large, or big file from the internet, the internet will like disconnect, and wont work again till i restart the comp k. Or when i play diablo 2 LOD itll disconnect, but ANY other game i play its perfectly fine.... i have no virus, worm, spyware, or nothing updated all my drivers and bios for my computer. I am using a D-Link router, BUT ---- it doesnt have anything to do with this because, Ive had an older computer hooked up to this before and it was fine.. I even tried just directly plugging the internet modem into this comp same problem with disconnecting when downloading large files or playing diablo 2. CAN somone tell me what the hell is going on lol ive tried like everything! is there an option i can change or something i can download to fix this HORRIBLY annoying problem.., Please someone help your my last hope! :confused:

Oh um yeah the motherboard is a Asus A8R-MVP and its all updated

what kind of internet are you using? Dialup, cabel, DSL?

also when it comes to games, i've found from personal experiance that even if the game is not online, if you have wireless internet it will cause some problems like lag and freezing. if you are wireless try hard-wireing to the network and see if that helps.

no not wireless, its cable its only with this computer! my sisters works perfectly fine, even if i hook this directly to the internet modem, itll disconnect if i download something big.. like ive tried everything, i switched and bought new ethernet cables too, oh and there is no lag, its really fast

can your sister's download the big files?

have you tried updateing the firmware of your modem? if you connect it to a router, have you updated the router's firmware?

Yeah her computer can download anything. we had another older computer before this one, and there was no problems at all.. whats the firmware thing??

Does ya sister run games on hers like you do? Because you mentioned problems when playing games aswell, so thats probably causing your problems. You could also look in event viewer and see if there are any clues in there

yeah she can do anything its weird.. its just this computer wont let me download anything big! or itll disconnect, but i can download steam games! :confused: and why is it when i restart my computer the connection goes back perfectly fine.

I know you said everything is updated but check updates for the lan card on the motherboard and if you cant try another lan card one not built into the motherboard

i had a similar problem , my router always disconnect from the modem .. called up linksys helpline ( have a linksys router) told them about my internet problem, they had me update the firmware and the problem has been fixed every since.. so like celegorm said check the firmware

Back
Top Bottom