Netgear DG834G Router problems

AOD

In Runtime
Okay I so I just got 1.5mbps and got a netgear dg834g modem/router and 3 wg331 pci adapter cards. I set it up today and first had some problems with authentication for internet but sorted that out with ISP now I have been at it all day trying to get the router to work. I can now get all the computers to connect to the router but when one tries to access the internet by opening web browser or downloading something it cuts the other ones internet off. A TP-Link pcmia card seems to be doing fine though. X.x Help is much appreciated. And just something that probably isn't to do with router but it says it's connecting at 512kbps down and 256 up but I bought 1.5mbps/256kbps X.x

I don't think I do, how do I? I looked at the wireless connection and when I went to enable ICS it said a LAN connection already had that IP so I disabled my LAN card and the ICS stuff dissapeared from the Wireless connection. X.x

So, something else already had the same IP? If thats the case then it wont work. Have you got static addresses? If you have, then change it to dynamic addresses, set it to obtain IP address automatically, on all computers, if you havent done so already.

Yep, thanks for help. I think a firmware update did the trick, all computers going on fine now. Thanks for help though. :D I still have a problem with it not connecting at the speed of the plan I bought, I get 512kbps downstream and 64 upstream but I bought 1.5mbps/256kbps I most likely is something to do with the ISP because they had some problems telling me when I would be connected, first they said about wednesday, then rang up and they said tuesday then when I rang up on monday they said it was connected so I don't know. Still a large improvement on 56k though. XD
------
Still got some problems I have to reboot the router quite a bit to get the internet connected properly. I don't really have a clue why it doesn't stay connected. I have gotten a windows popup thats says 'There is an IP conflict' but all the computers still connect to internet. In whole it's working though just a bit buggy. Sometimes I have to restart computer to connect to the router then reboot the router to get onto internet.

Back
Top Bottom