overheating ? how to diagnose ?

hungar101

Baseband Member
hi everybody, i know your all proberbly bored of this thread but could do with a good place to start. i already posted bout my game crashin 15 minutes into play, i thought it might be the specs of my computer, all of which are well upto date and more than needed, except i only have the minimum ram of 512mb. but reading some of your responces leads me to think maybe overheating of the processor or the graphics card. Thou i have my doubts as i have never known to have had this problem. i once had a problem when i was living in Hungary when it was crashin during gameplay, and upon taking it to some1 the first thing they did was to check if there were any overheating problems, of which there were none, and the problem of it crashing turned out to be there not being the right current or power in the house (were talkin pre war electrics) but that crashed in a slightly differant way then, this game the monitor just pings off and the sound jams up an repeats, if that makes sense, i try pressin the windows key and it dose flick back but the game is there kinda like the wallpaper but the start menu an everything is just frozen, an i have too reboot........????????
:confused:

also i have assigned the maximum virtual memory in my computer, defraged , turned all other programs off, optimised windows for program performance not display, defraged, here are my specs if any1 intrested : AMD64 ATHALON 3200+, ATI RADION 9800 PRO, 160 GB MAXTOR HD, 512MB RAM, RUNNIN WINDOWS XP HOME. the game asks for p4 or amd equivilant minimum 512mb ram and nvidia or 9000 series radion, please help yall. the game for a start seems shit hot, which makes it worse, and the not knowing why is just as bad........please help

Well the problem you described reminds me of something I had with my game too. But it was with the game not the computer. I downloaded the patch for it and it started to work. I would check for patches. Then if it continues I would monitor the temperature in the case. see what's going on.

thanks for your reply, what software would you use to find out tempetures, also wether it matters but before when some1 thought just in case it is overheating they stuck an extra fan inside to be safe ??????????

i have looked for patches but never found any, found some old postings off edios's forum but they were on about the emo not workin properly

rightio here's the dilio, got the latest drivers an microsoft net framework, turned off ma wallpaper an screen saver everything, no programs runnin, so what the hell should i do, accept that its never going to work i cant do that

Back
Top Bottom