9/11 scenes on National Geographic

cabbspapp said:
A lot of sad things happen in our world. I was in 5th or 6th grade, so at the time I really didn't understand much of what happened, only knowing that a plane flew into a building. Last year in school we watched a video about 9/11, and the scene where the first plane flew into the building stuck in my head for a while. It just disappeared in the side of the building followed by big explosion. Thinking of all the people stuck on the upper floors completely helpless, while some committed suicide by jumping out of the windows, which must of been a gruesome sight for the people below.when watching the towers fall it left me speechless, I couldn't think of anything to really say or think. The thousands of lives lost in this short amount of time without even using a weapon like a bomb or anything is just crazy.
My sentiments exactly, see my reply to mammicoura & my other posts throughout, I started this thread & in post 1, I described my emotions there as I watch re-runs of the towers collapsed, do read it friend :)

Brookfield said:
May I suggest that they both are equally tragic events, 9/11 where over 2000 were killed
Well you can of course allowed to have your own opinion, but in my opinion 2000 is nothing compared to the probably like 10 000 (just guessing) that die because of hunger/lack of clean water. And those 2000 people died, but in africa that 10 000 die every single year! Every year more people die because of lack of clean water than because of wars.

Brookfield said:
we know in our hearts that both these tasks will never be completed due lack of resources

lack of resources my ass. I can go to the local grocery store and there is food to feed 1 african village for a few months. I bathe in water that is good enough to drink, hell I even flush my toilet with water that is good enough to drink.
Yet some people have to walk 10+ kilometers just to get dirty water to drink so they can stay alive. (and drinking dirty water is dangerous, but they don't have any other choise) We would have the resources to help, but we choose not to. I know it's not that simple, we can't help them forever, instead they should find their own ways of producing food, but we sure could help them more than we are helping right now.

mammikoura said:
Lack of resources my ass. I can go to the local grocery store and there is food to feed 1 african village for a few months
OK, & of course you are correct, the problem is getting it where it's needed, not just you, the logistics are enormous & almost insurmountable, a husband & wife from England in their sixties, drove all the way to an African province in two trucks loaded with boxes & boxes of clothing, water purifying tablets, dehydrated food etc etc, one truck was attacked by rebels, & they only just got away with their lives, the other one broke down, they walked 20 miles, found some willing helpers, but when they got back, it had been looted, & set on fire, the last thing I heard, a firm has donated three trucks & they are planning to go back this year with all three, their 35 year old son driving the third.
What I am trying to point out mate, is that all the good will in the world is never enough to deal with such huge tragedy, surely you have to agree with that, but probably not :(

Brookfield said:
So are you saying that the whole thing was rubbish, & the relatives just made it up then??, now that's bullshit, & you can make cellphone calls from some airliners, the company fit them with electronics to allow that to be done.
1. that was brought in in 2004 or 2005, i cant remember, but before that, it was impossible.

2. The US was the one that did everything. watch loose change on google video. ooh you cant....cuz you have DIALUP

borat_sagdiyev said:
That was brought in in 2004 or 2005
Oh OK, so that part was rubbish, apologies :( , you hear so many things, & the so-called phone calls were reported in all national newspapers at the time.

PCNoob said:
I doubt it'll change your mind if you already believe the conspiracies though because it takes a pretty hardheaded person to believe those in the first place.

and it also take a pretty stupid person to believe that everything is great today and everyone is honest to each other. You beleive the news, but the news doesn't show you everything. They show you what you want to see.

As for the 9/11 conspiracies, to be honest I don't know, it could have been a conspiracy, it could have been an attack by the Al Qsomething. I really don't know which theory I agree with.

mammikoura said:
and it also take a pretty stupid person to believe that everything is great today and everyone is honest to each other. You beleive the news, but the news doesn't show you everything. They show you what you want to see.

As for the 9/11 conspiracies, to be honest I don't know, it could have been a conspiracy, it could have been an attack by the Al Qsomething. I really don't know which theory I agree with.
I'm not fooling myself into thinking everything is right with the world, just that in this specific case the reasoning behind a conspiracy just doesn't add up. Now, I'm not 100% sure it wasn't because you can't be sure of anything big or small nowadays.

However, I make my decisions based on proof and right now (maybe always) the proof supports it was an attack by Al Qauida. Until the conspiracy theorists offer some good and tangible evidence that can be verified by respectable people, I think most level-headed people would side with the attack being an act of terrorism.

Also, we can't forget people are always interested in juicy bits of conspiracy :)

PCNoob said:
evidence that can be verified by respectable people

but the problem is just that. It's pretty hard to do that since most of the respectable people work for the government. And there is lots of evidence, but then again there is evidence that the evidence isn't true. :D (that sentence sounds weird but you know what I mean)
But yeah, I guess we will never know for sure.

Back
Top Bottom