Jump Drive Will not show up in My Compter.

willmon18

Solid State Member
I have used this Jump Drive on other computers and it shows up in My Computer, but on mine it does not. I have to keep right-clicking My Computer and clicking on manage. I have even changed the drive letter of the jump drive and it still doesn't show up. I am not exactly sure what the problem is except I think reformatting my computer with the jump drive plugged in might have something to do with it. I believe it might have gotten unmounted some how but my Instructor tells me that isn't the problem.

My jump drive wouldn't show up on 98 and I installed some drivers and it worked again after. What OS are you using?

willmon18 said:
I have used this Jump Drive on other computers and it shows up in My Computer, but on mine it does not. I have to keep right-clicking My Computer and clicking on manage. I have even changed the drive letter of the jump drive and it still doesn't show up. I am not exactly sure what the problem is except I think reformatting my computer with the jump drive plugged in might have something to do with it. I believe it might have gotten unmounted some how but my Instructor tells me that isn't the problem.
if it is a U3 drive it wont show on 98 because of XP' s JD diver r something if it is a U3 pm me and i will tell u how to take care of it ;)

Nope it is just a Lexar Jump Drive Secure it is old but not sure how old a friend gave it too me. And I have Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2. It has never shown up on this computer ever since I reformated the computer with the Jump drive in the computer while the computer was reformatting. Or maybe it did I am not sure but I was arranging the drive letters when I totally got the computer reformatted to the letters I wanted them to be. And that is my 2 hard drives 1 partitioned into 2 pieces.

Go under Control Panel>Administrative Tools> Computer Management. Scroll to Disk Management. Is it there?

willmon18 said:
I have to keep right-clicking My Computer and clicking on manage. I have even changed the drive letter of the jump drive and it still doesn't show up.
As you see in my first post I have done that many times. But I am wondering why it will not show up on My Computer. It shows up as F: on other computers.

Have you checked device manager? Whats it say in there about your USB ports? Have you tested another USB device on ya computer to make sure that works?

The Jump Drive works fine. I can go into device manager and open it up. All of the status of the USB ports and the jump drive are working properly. I am just going to do what I think it is. I just believe the drive is unmounted or something.

Back
Top Bottom