Ummm. Kinda odd...

Chimaera1

Daemon Poster
Hey Guys, Been a while since I last posted :/
Well, I have a problem. Obviously... Anyway, around 70% of the time, when I play a game or burn a DVD, About an hour in or so my motherboard emits an endless beep. I've been told that it means there's something wrong with my RAM, But I ran microsofts test and nothing happened. Well the first time, My motherboard started wit hthe beep. But after that I took okne stick out, And it was fine then switched it for the other and it was fine. So any idea as to what is causing my beep?
Thanks for any help.

Could it be the speaker on the mobo? my brother's PC did that too and I just reconnected the wires from the power button and that stopped it. I'm not really sure as to what the point of that little speaker is... maybe someone else knows that one.

An endless beep means that there's a malfunction into the PC. Linux actually showed it to me with endless beep and messages of CPU over threshold.

What I would do is this:

When it beeps, press reset and look at the CPU temp.
Second, test your memory with a proper diagnostic: www.memtest86.com
Third, if you can, try a different slot. Some PCs are being picky on how they're configured.
If that doesn't do, then, I'd check for power voltages. It's preety not likely to be a problem)

Ronco Rox said:
yea if you know its something wrong with the ram try reseatting it.

Tried, OK I'll give memtest a try.
and look at my CPU temp. Thanks Lhuser.

And to avoid making a thread, I have a partition on my Harddrive that used to have linux on it, It is now formatted with no file system, is there anyway to get rid of it, so i have just the one big partition again?

troy272 said:
. I'm not really sure as to what the point of that little speaker is... maybe someone else knows that one.
its there for the bleep codes to tell you what the problem is , for instance three bleeps means memory error or four bleeps means cpu error

Chimaera said:
And to avoid making a thread, I have a partition on my Harddrive that used to have linux on it, It is now formatted with no file system, is there anyway to get rid of it, so i have just the one big partition again?

Well you could always try partition magic. Don't know if you need to format it as ntfs first, but if you need to then make a new partition, format it as ntfs and then try to merge the partition together with partition magic. Never done this myself, but I heard that partition magic is capable of that kinda stuff.

Well, I'll bump this, No matter what combination I put the RAM in it stilll beeps. And I ran Memtest, It started the beep, and no errors were displayed, So is it my CPU or what?

Something is wrong with your memory configuration. If you can rule out the CPU, try another one.

Back
Top Bottom