9/11 scenes on National Geographic

Brookfield

Golden Master
I've just been watching a re-run of 9/11, straight away, I'm horror-struck again, even though I've seen it several times, when the towers collapsed one after the other, emotion clicked in, & I couldn't stop watching, the remote was in my hand, but I was paralysed, tears in my eyes, never in my life have I seen such carnage even during WW2, when as a kid of 10, I witnessed firsthand, the destruction of a third of the city of Portsmouth, where I lived, killing friends & relatives, the ambulances, those that were left, unable to take the bodies away, as most streets were impassable, that of course, was imprinted on my mind for years, & I never thought I'd see the like again until 9/11, it took five years to kill many thousands, but just hours to destroy the lives of thousands of sons, daughters, mothers, fathers etc.
Sorry to bring this up again, those of you who live in New York or close by, or indeed any Americans, but I felt a need to post this :(

Ya, it was really sad, its still really painful to watch those documentary's on the plane that crashed in the field, when they recreate it, and the phone calls they made, and they replay the real recording where you can actually hear the people...its disturbing, when I watch I get really sad, and mad at the people who decided they would do something like that. I think they shoudl show those movies when moral is down and things like that.

Yeah very sad even several years on. I imaginve It would be even more emotional if I lived in the Us

I still remember that day sitting in the classroom and hearing the news, all US schools got the rest of the day off.

^Mike^ said:
I still remember that day sitting in the classroom and hearing the news, all US schools got the rest of the day off.

not mine, and i live in new york.

Ronco Rox said:
really? My mom was taking classes to get a certification and she got off, so did I. Maby it was only our state or something I dunno...

people die, it happens. It's sad, but it's reality. Didn't really feel much when I first heard about 9/11, but I knew that a war was going to start, and to be honest I imagined that it would be something way bigger than just Afganistan.

Ronco Rox said:
Bit of a bummer, but perhaps your school authority deemed that you were safer in the school, as your bus might not have been able to get through to pick you up, or if you walked to & from, you were vulnerable, what with everything going on.

mammikoura said:
people die, it happens. It's sad, but it's reality. Didn't really feel much when I first heard about 9/11, but I knew that a war was going to start, and to be honest I imagined that it would be something way bigger than just Afganistan.

wow, thats really insensitive, and people die understandable, but not in that way, it was an act of war not a heart attack

Back
Top Bottom