Need a good Mother board (help the noob)

well, you can't use a Core 2 Duo in an Intel board now can you? :rolleyes:
esa193 said:
wat ever y do dont get a amd there friken prossesors sux
compaird to the intel core 2 and price s way higher to
for mother bord
deff go with the nvidia 680i mother bord
friken is a beast
cna over clock any thing can run quadsli 3 pci exspress slots
up to 8 gigs of ram
this thing wont be outdated for ever
this is acutaly the bord im pickin up for my new build

Ummm...no. The 680i board isnt the best board out there. The 975x beats it in floating point calculations, ie super pi and the RD600 beats it in 3D ie games, 3DMark. The 680i blows hard when trying to overclock a kents. P5B-Deluxe does the best with that. So no, 680i is at the bottom of my list for chipsets. And it is the most expensive chipset out there. 80 bucks compared to the 30 bucks for the RD600.

esa193 said:
wat ever y do dont get a amd there friken prossesors sux
compaird to the intel core 2 and price s way higher to
for mother bord
deff go with the nvidia 680i mother bord
friken is a beast
cna over clock any thing can run quadsli 3 pci exspress slots
up to 8 gigs of ram
this thing wont be outdated for ever
this is acutaly the bord im pickin up for my new build

hahaha, can barely understand him

Check MSI and BioStar for cost effective but reliable motherboards. I have used both brands and they take a licking and keep on ticking...

DJ-CHRIS said:
Comparable Intel based motherboards are lower quality and far more expensive compared to AMD based motherboards however.

For the same quality / feature set, AMD boards cost me $100CDN vs $150CDN for a crappier intel based board.

yes true, but the post i was responding too was talking about proc's. i would stay away from intel brand boards aswell, but get a board taht will support the core2.

The only Intel board I would go with is the D975BX2, which is actually what I have. I'm pretty happy with it, and I'm running my E6300 at 2.9 Ghz (415x7) completely stable. I would push it higher, but I don't have adequate cooling yet. There is a cold boot issue with it though, but pushing the restart button fixes it right away, but it's not a big deal to me, because my pc stays on 24/7, but it could be annoying to others who turn off their pc's daily.

Guys, this is not a debate wether or not he should go intel or AMD. Dont make it one. Answer his question, or shutup.

I have quite some experince with motherboards, since a lot of my friends this summer contracted me to build them custom pc's.

One of my friends wanted a relativly powerfull gaming computer on a low budget. So I had to cut back on the motherboard without sacrificing peformance, and a little on the processor to get him a better gfx card. As from my experince it has worked flawlessly and peforms like a champ. But if you overclock or want to mess around in the bios this is not for you. This Motherboard is if your on a tight budget:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813127015

If you have more money, i built a different computer with this motherboard. It's more expensive, but if you have the money get it. Its just all around a better motherboard. Oh ya, "Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets. Make sure you check to see if your RAM is comptabile. If you have not yet bought your RAM, then make sure it is compatible when you buy it. The 'timings' they refer to are also often called 'Latency'. So if you checking your RAMS specs, it might say Latency instead of Timings.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813123021
So if you've already bought your ram this might be a problem. If you have, heres another good motherboard on the cheaper side. I have no personal experince, but my brother has and he says nothing but good things about it:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813130051R

------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is the motherboard that I have and would reccomend the most if you have compatible ram and the cash for it. Intel says "Notice: Only DDR2-800 memory supporting JEDEC approved 1.8V operation with timings of 5-5-5 or 6-6-6 is supported on Intel Desktop Boards based on Intel 965 Express Chipsets.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16813131045

All the motherboards i listed you will be satisfied with. However, pick the one that falls into your predetermined price range for a motherboard.

The Gigabyte P965 DS3 outperforms the Epox board in terms of overclocking and performance.

Back
Top Bottom