Homework question dewdz!

D-Lew

Fully Optimized
Okay, I can't really read the image, let's see...
image023.gif

Does that work?
The middle part I'm unsure of, that little guy up there looks like an 8. Anyway, I keep crunching the numbers and I always get -23.2125. According to my assignment thing, the answer should be – 22.6740.

I'm using a program called Matlab that's very syntax dependant, any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong? I've also entered it into my TI-89 a couple of times, gotten it to look exactly like that, and still get that same answer. I wonder what the heck that number is up there? :p

I already tried that and I came up with -23.2720.
Of course, I didn't bother to do it by hand. I could have messed up the syntax somewhere.

Seems like it would have to be bigger than 8, since you're adding, and I need a "lower" negative number, which means I need to move further right on the number line.

lol we did this kinda stuff in school today. im gunna try doing it with my brain now :)

it could be an "S" variable, ya know?

In matlab, each variable has to be defined and I have not entered a value for S in this one.

Edit:
Problem solved!

It turns out that -3 and whatever/whatever is a *gasp* MIXED NUMBER!
How about that, folks?

I was multiplying for some reason, getting -69/13 for that number. For some reason it confused me.

Back
Top Bottom