Dead on Arrival graphics cards.

Advent

Solid State Member
What I'm curious about is, how do they break? Do they get damaged in transit, does a wire break? Are they short circuted in production?

How exactly do they recieve this damage? I'm just curious, because I can't seem to find anyone that knows.

Well it could be for a number of reasons, many of which you just stated. They just don't work when they arrive at your house.

depends on what kills then , if its the agp/pci e slot that is damaged or the memory chips that are broken , but it could be a transit problem or a manufacturing defect

^Mike^ said:
Well it could be for a number of reasons, many of which you just stated. They just don't work when they arrive at your house.
dam ya beat me lol :D

Aha, I see. So it could be as simple as a wire being loose? Alright, thanks. :)

Wouldn't say a wire, because there are no wires on a graphics card, unless you count the ones going to the fan...
I'd say mostly its due to manufacturing issues, and so pipes are defected, etc.

Alright, I had a graphics card and it appeared broken. I took a long time attempting to return it, and finally I got to. In the meantime I've been doing some research on my card, and I found out that a certain cable that should have come with the card is missing. Now I still want to return the card, but will they accept it back? It came with that wire missing, and due to the company's customer services if a new one arrives and it does break, or is broken I do not want to go through the rigmarole of contacting them again. Is it legal for me to demand a full refund?

(I found this cable was missing a short while after posting my last reply to this thread.)

i don't think you can demand a full refund from the manufacturer, but you sure can from the retail you bought it from. Or you can just exchange for a product and just pay the difference.

Well I demanded a refund, and they refused... Is it legal for them to do that? They've wasted countless hours of my time trying to get the thing working, simply because a cable was missing, and added to that their customer service is appalling. They promised a reply and three months later they still hadn't responded. :<

retailer or manufacturer? Manufacturer will not give you a refund. But they will exchange the defective unit with a work one.

Back
Top Bottom