Steam Doesn't work :(

TibsBeatAll

Daemon Poster
Well i play a bit of source. But for some reason steam doesn't work.

I completely deleted and reinstalled, but it doesn't work. I'll click the icon, and nothing pops up. When i do ctrl alt del, i can see it running in the processes. But on the bottom right hand corner, the steam icon doesn't pop up either.

What's up? i ran adaware and virus scan. Nothing. Its only Steam that does it. Is there something i can do to fix this?

you need to end the steam process and then restart steam or just restart your computer. i have had that similar problem.

Make sure that you completly delete and Steam or Valve folders from your HDD. Make sure that there is no steam in your ADD/Remove programs. Go to steampowered.com and try to install again. Make sure it updates and you should be ready to go.

how? THis is what i did. I uninstalled. Went to control program add/remove programs. Removed steam.

Then i went to program files, and delted anything that said steam on it. Then i went to the search, and typed in steam to see if anything was left. Deleted it.

How do i delete from registry.

Ok, after you make sure that everything relating to steam is uninstalled..

Go to start>run
type in "Regedit"
now, only delete what I tell you to... it's not safe to mindlessly delete stuff in here.

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Valve
Delete everything in that folder.
Now, go to HKEY_LOVAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Valve
Delete everythin in that folder as well.

Now reinstall steam and source.. hopefully this fixes your issue... it has for me.

Back
Top Bottom