Kind forum souls, please recommend me a graphics card...

DJFonti

Solid State Member
Hi all, I need some help regarding buying a new graphics card. My current one is ancient, and because I can't get the drivers anymore I think it is leading to instability in my system. So I want to upgrade but I think my options are limited. My slot is as follows, according to the manual...

'AGP slot x1 support AGP 2.0 & 4x mode'.

The following card would be perfect it seems, but the site only ships to the US and I'm in the UK:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16814161055

I ideally want a 256mb card, that will work on Windows 98se and the above slot. If you know of any that will fill this criteria, or if you don't but do know some good cards of a lower spec (as I appreciate, given the slot, my options could be limited), then please recommend me some. I don't mind buying a used one off ebay....and my budget is around £50, which is in and around $100...thank you for your help... :)

The links edited so it should work, here it is anyway....

HIS Hightech H925H256R4N Radeon 9250 256MB 128-bit DDR AGP 2X/4X Video Card

what games (if any) do you play?

whats your current video card?

That video card would work, but it's fairly slow..

My current one is a 3Dfx voodoo Banshee, 16mb. I'll probably be playing a few games, but probably not ultra-modern ones as obviously the potential card won't allow it. What really prompted me was I wanted to play Max Payne 2, so games from that era I guess, it only requires a 32mb card so games released a while back and slightly beyond that era. I need a new one though, because my system is unstable and I think it's got to do with the graphics card drivers, which are dodgy at best, so I'm going to do a format with a new one installed hopefully...I just want the best I can get with that money TBH.

Back
Top Bottom