7dead in uk after wind

It was crazy today, but I must admit I do enjoy the strong winds, although sent the wheelie bins flying all over the street, we have lost loads of tiles from the house which is a bit annoying.......I went inside after doing something on the car, then came back out 3 minutes later, and there was 6 heavy tiles laying smashed on the floor, about a yard from where I was standing previously.....

Yeah, we've had a few tiles off the kitchen roof off, and a part of the fence, stopping the dogs from entering the next garden blowing over.
The neighbors fence wouldn't stop them on the other side though, because thats blown over too!!!

Traffic has also been at a stand still, with motorways closed off and all sorts.

GlasseyeUK said:
It was crazy today, but I must admit I do enjoy the strong winds, although sent the wheelie bins flying all over the street, we have lost loads of tiles from the house which is a bit annoying.......I went inside after doing something on the car, then came back out 3 minutes later, and there was 6 heavy tiles laying smashed on the floor, about a yard from where I was standing previously.....
i live in manchester too and somebodys chimny stack near my house collapsed onto the street, and loads of trees where blown over the park was closed

I live on the Isle of Wight, & the wind reached 99 mph at the Needles, the SW tip of the Island, I had to go into Newport as I am on a course of treatment, three times a week, luckily the winds, which, by dawn were making my place shudder, had dropped off to about 45 mph, & the torrential stopped, just a few spots as I drove in, in a way it was lucky that blew themselves out in about 8 hours, now, at 9.45 pm, there is just a breeze, no deaths on the Island, but a 15 year old girl was shopping in Shanklin with her mother, when a 30ft streetlight snapped off at the base, & the lamp itself hit her a glancing blow, knocking her down, she's OK, & appeared on local TV this evening, a lot of trees here, so plenty came down, blocked roads everywhere, one huge oak almost demolished a school, no one was hurt, slates flying off roofs in town, what a day!

I heard its now up to 10, very sad intdead. A young boy was killed when a tree fell on his car along with his mother

a couple of trees were downed at the uni...

it's weird cause these were really big trees that were blown over, like with trucks almost a coule of feet in diameter.

very sad that people have died though, I heard about the first on the radio on the way to work, a tree blew over onto the top of someones car...

Here in Texas we've had a freeze and the ice on the trees has caused several trees to actually fall down. Big one down the street probably 2.5 feet in diameter just snapped and fell.

muz379 said:
i live in manchester too and somebodys chimny stack near my house collapsed onto the street, and loads of trees where blown over the park was closed

Yeah its been getting crazy around here, thank god its starting to calm down now, but all the major routes were closed, apparently some woman was killed in the city centre, but the whole of Piccadilly was closed down for some time...

Back
Top Bottom