22" LCD Monitor

alvino said:
Well I know your 2005FPW uses the LG.Philips panel because the Apple 20" Cinema Display uses the same panel.

Samsung, Dell and NEC are definately the godfathers of LCD and CRT monitors. So awesome.

man who the hell hasnt used samsung, they're the world leaders of lcd manufacturing. nec is overpriced 95% of the time. at least dell, despite whatever criticism one may have, has competitive pricing.

alvino said:
I thought Dell used LG.Philips LCD panels. Hmm...well I think they're going to use Samsung panels for the new upcoming 27" Dell UltraSharp Widescreen monitors. :D
with dell monitors you have to look at the model number as they don't have one dedicated supplier, they buy from the lowest bidder so you have to look at your monitor in particular cos for instance i have a 17" crt made by phillips but my friend has a 17" made by LG cos he bought his earlier than mine

Zaki said:
man who the hell hasnt used samsung, they're the world leaders of lcd manufacturing. nec is overpriced 95% of the time. at least dell, despite whatever criticism one may have, has competitive pricing.

Yup, Samsung offers good quality for great pricing. :)

I agree with NEC though. They are VERY overpriced, but if you ask me, they have the crispest, clearest and the best looking LCD panels in the market. They're insanely nice, it's just a shame it comes with a price premium.

Dell monitors are way better than their computers if you ask me. The quality is very nice and the design is pretty neat too. Now they're starting to get fairly competitive with their pricing as well.

alvino said:
Yup, Samsung offers good quality for great pricing. :)

I agree with NEC though. They are VERY overpriced, but if you ask me, they have the crispest, clearest and the best looking LCD panels in the market. They're insanely nice, it's just a shame it comes with a price premium.

Dell monitors are way better than their computers if you ask me. The quality is very nice and the design is pretty neat too. Now they're starting to get fairly competitive with their pricing as well.

yeah I remember seeing a 20inch nec monitor playing bf2 at bestbuy, and it was gorgeous.

dell really should use an alias when they sell their new monitors because even though the monitors are nice, i do not want to look at the logo of a company which forced us to listen to "dude, you're gettin a dell" for so long.

im kind of leaning towards the chimei. really good reviews. high brightness and contrast ratio. it looks like itd be crisp and not many people have gotten dead pixels.

would that be a good choice?..

(i did look at the dells. the new 22" has really bad reviews and the 20" is a good deal for 250 but i want a 22". my mom has a dell and it's really nice tho. a 19" fullscreen.)

Well I just ordered the ViewSonic. I liked the adjustments, and it was a good price plus really good reviews.

Zaki said:
yeah I remember seeing a 20inch nec monitor playing bf2 at bestbuy, and it was gorgeous.

dell really should use an alias when they sell their new monitors because even though the monitors are nice, i do not want to look at the logo of a company which forced us to listen to "dude, you're gettin a dell" for so long.

Personally I could care less about the brand name, just as long as it performs great and doesn't cost me a fortune.

alvino said:
Personally I could care less about the brand name, just as long as it performs great and doesn't cost me a fortune.

"dude you're gettin' a dell!" :D :p

Haha, no one even says that anymore. :p I used to hate Dell computers too, but now I realize that they're actually not THAT bad. :)

Back
Top Bottom