new build wat do u think?

Since your a gamer, obviously your video card should be the most expensive thing you buy. So forget about quad core. Go with a E6600 and a 8800gts. That would be a beast of a system.

i dont want to skimp on the prossesor tho
becouse thats somthing im not ganna change out most likely
ill change the video card
but not the prossesor i get a better prossesor when i buy its better in the long run

a 7900GS to play crysis....on a 22" monitor. Not going to happen. In Q2 the Q6600 is supposed to drop near 550. And BFG powersupplies are manufactured by Topower which to say their QC is...not consistent. Go with the silverstone 1000W powersupply. Seventeam manufactured. Very good quality and very beefy rails. That is one thing that i would highly recommend anybody to get if they are getting an expensive computer.

The hardware needs to be manufactured to run DirectX10, you can't just update the firmware or software. That's why there's such a big hype around the 8800GTS/X cards. They're the only cards out right now that will run DirectX 10 applications.

Quad core really doesn't have any advantages right now unless you want to do some intense multitasking. You will see no real pperformace gain while gaming (in comparison to a dual core of a similar clock speed), and for games that aren't multithreaded (most out right now) you will probably have a performance loss.

Yes, it might be a nice power supply, but almost $300 for one? That's crazy! You can get a great one that will run that setup for around $100. Even if he upgrades to a DirectX 10 graphics card, he won't need more than 600 watts.

Back
Top Bottom