Creating a separate Registry

dwright

Baseband Member
Does anyone know if it is possible to create separate Registries on one computer?

What options are there for doing this, and which is the easiest?

Thanks in advance.

dwright

Ok. An advance on that. I want to have multiple users on 1 PC. I want each user to have separate cookies stored for their actions. So user A would have cookies stored on 1 drive/file and user B would have cookies stored another drive/file. Is this possible?

Bascialy I want 1 computer to act as several computers. I don't want interfering organisations to realise that the 1 computer is actually used by multiple people. I want to access the same organisation on my computer under multiple names.

Any ideas? Thanks.

dwright

you can set up multiple user accounts in windows. Just set one as an administrator account and the rest as limited accounts (assuming you're using XP). The limited users won't be able to install programs or modify system files, just browse the web, use applications and that's about it. The administrator can do anything they want. Also the cookies folders are separate for each user so they won't interfere with one eachother. Another thing that's nice about using limited accounts is that it's harder for malware to install due to the lack of priveledges.

Back
Top Bottom