Laptop Printer Error

epihammer

Baseband Member
I just picked up a Dell Inspiron laptop and have the following problem:

When I try to open the properties for my printer (HP 2010) it gives me the error "Xerces Panic Error" and when I close out the error it closes out all the open windows. I can print I just can't change any of the printer settings. Any direction on how to fix this would be great.

Thanks,

Epihammer

Yes I have tried re-installing the drivers and I even went as far as deleting the folder after I un-installed the software. It still didn't help. :confused:

Have you tried differnt versions of the driver and or the latest driver of the companies website.

Try installing just the driver not the software.

I have tried all suggestions and have not been successful. However, i did notice that when i go to microsoft and update a driver specific for my printer it tells me it did it successfully but when I run another update check it still says I need the driver I just supposedly updated. Why??? My guess is that the problem lies within and Hkey but I could use a little direction.

Thanks

epihammer said:
I have tried all suggestions and have not been successful. However, i did notice that when i go to microsoft and update a driver specific for my printer it tells me it did it successfully but when I run another update check it still says I need the driver I just supposedly updated. Why??? My guess is that the problem lies within and Hkey but I could use a little direction.

Thanks

After it says it did it successfully does it print?

Yes, but it has always printed. The problem comes when I need to change it from Portrait to Landscape. This is when I get the above mentioned error. Also, I have other printers setup and I am able to go into the properties with those. Just not the HP printer.

Is the printer hooked directly up to the lappy? or is it through a network??

The printer is directly connected. I just found a registry program (www.iolo.com) that doesn't make you buy it upfront to fix the reg. I just installed it and ran it cleaned everything up and all is well!!!!!!!!! I appreciate all the efforts and suggestions from everyone.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom