Imaging a Hardrive

chrislynch

Solid State Member
Ok, I have about new PCs, I have a set of program that will be installed on every machine. Can I just install the set of programs on one PC and burn an image of the Hard Drive and then use this image to transfer all the program to the other hard drives. Is this possible, if so can you recommend a program I can use.

Regards
Chris

Nope........
Not unless all PC's are absolutely identical hardware-wise.
The drivers, etc will not work properly and you will end up with a mess.

If they are identical a program like Norton Ghost will work awesome..........create one Ghost image and then boot each PC and restore to this image.

Yes I assume they are identical hardware wise because they will all be Dell 320MT, I'm buying 38 in bulk so they will be the same..... Correct, norton Ghost would be the program od choice so then

Brian_Fenner said:
Nope........
Not unless all PC's are absolutely identical hardware-wise.
The drivers, etc will not work properly and you will end up with a mess.

If they are identical a program like Norton Ghost will work awesome..........create one Ghost image and then boot each PC and restore to this image.

With images you can get away with using different speed processor or different amounts of ram. Likely different hard drives and DVD drives as well. However motherboard, video card and network card have to be the same.

chrislynch said:
Yes I assume they are identical hardware wise because they will all be Dell 320MT, I'm buying 38 in bulk so they will be the same..... Correct, norton Ghost would be the program od choice so then
why you buying 38 dell 320mt if you don't mind me asking

Yes if for the company....... Installing all the programs we use on all the machine while working on other projects will be a pain. I'm going to test Ghost and see how it goes, then buy if it does the job as accepted.

Thanks

We use ghost to image our Del computers all the time and it works fine!

Back
Top Bottom