Dual User Account Issue

Brian_Fenner

In Runtime
Okay I messed up........was trying to get file sharing to work on a couple of PC's and ended up messing up something.........

XP Pro:
I have a desktop with two active user accounts setup.........previously I was able to log off and it would come to a screen showing each user name. All you had to do was click on that user name and it would open that account (no password).

Now it comes to a screen where you have to manually type in the username and click OK to get the specific account to load.
Also, I notice the "Logoff" button now takes you to the options of "Logoff or Cancel" where previously it allowed you to select from "Loggoff or Switch User".

I know it's got to be some simple setting I changed but I can't figure it out!

Help........Thanks!

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click User Accounts.
3. Click Change the way users log on or off.
4. Clear the Use the Welcome screen check box.

Awesome........

That did the trick.........funny thing is I never changed that setting. Something I messed with when playing with file sharing must of changed it to some sort of default.

Thanks for your help!

Brian_Fenner said:
Awesome........

That did the trick.........funny thing is I never changed that setting. Something I messed with when playing with file sharing must of changed it to some sort of default.

Thanks for your help!

No problem Man

does this method vastly inprove gaming cause mine were all iked up until i changed to performance

watling said:
does this method vastly inprove gaming cause mine were all iked up until i changed to performance

Switching the way users log on and off is not going to affect your gaming perfromance.

That would speed up Windows browsing slightly, but will make no difference to games at all. Only general browsing around Windows.

joxley1990 said:
That would speed up Windows browsing slightly, but will make no difference to games at all. Only general browsing around Windows.

8(

anyone got any tips on making changes to settings to make gaming any better please?

Back
Top Bottom