I heart racing (+/- 20 pics)

Lol, hot as in touch it and your finger sizzles. How much you spent on mods on that thing? What litre is it, im guessing 1.4?

No way man, 2.0 baby!!!
The Zetec was only offered here in 2.0. We also had a 1.9(?) SOHC SPI and a 2.0 SVT Zetec with VCT and such, just like the ST170. Later in 2003 green states got the Duratec 2.3 PZEV, and now all the US Foci have either D20 2.0 Duratecs or the D23's in the ST sedans.

I can't remember how much I've spent on mods, it's somewhere near $2,000. That doesn't include tint and body kit cause that was on there when I got it.

David Lindon said:
Looks cool.

Looks similar to an even they have on near me, www.westover.org.uk

Hmm... the Bournemouth one looks well chavvy, if you don't mind me saying :D Spinning donuts in a Renault 5? The Vauxhall Nova is still standard fayre in many parts of England.

But yeah, wish I could afford to run my own car, I could take part in these things!

lol here in montreal, we have drifting... drifting in the snow. We just got a nice snow storm monday 20cm... how much that is in inches... i dontg know lol. all i know that my street is covered in a nice slipery patch of snow, and i'm going to take my 95 Villager ( family car ) for some nice drifitng and donuts in a local school parking lot

hahah, dose anyone know what the ticket is for doing donuts in a public parking lot? Last month a copy drove by me and my friend taking turns in our cars to do donuts... and he did nothing.............

It's not very expensive over here. The entry fee is $20, you get six laps. I do most of the work on my car, so the money I save maintaining/fixing it I put into this, and if something goes wrong I can most likely fix it myself. The only other real expense is tires, you will go through a set in about a year, even shorter if you're using sticky soft compounds (the expensive ones). You may think it burns a lot of gas, but when I left the event I looked at my gauge and it was still above the F.

My all-time, most unrealistic dream right now ever would be to take my car around THE Ring over in Germany for a couple of laps. Too bad that will never happen... :(

Does anyone who lives around that general area know if there are rental car places within a short drive? :D

you mean nurimburg? D-Lew what's your horsepower up to? I've been meaning to go out and try my car out, seeing how this is exactly what it was made for lol.

I've never dyno'd it, but according to Ford the engine's output is 130hp and ft. lbs. I'd say it's probably around 105 with drivetrain loss, since mine's an automatic. I've got Koni suspension though, so it's pretty quick around curves. I'll be getting brand new tires soon, too! :D

I'll race you =) 165hp 160ft.lbs. 2.5L 24Valve V6. 5-speed manual 1996 Ford Probe GT

GTLeftSidesmaller.jpg

Good thing I'm broke now lol, eh it was worth it

Back
Top Bottom